Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews for Technician

The account was for onsite tech support at a local bank system. The work environment was great, very "hands off" type of an account. Tickets would come in, Repairs would be done onsite and everything would go smoothly.
Pros
Independent work environment
Worked with them for a little more than two years. They started with the false promises that we will be permanently enrolled after 6 months. Almost after a year, they called and offered the enrollment with peanut increase of benefits. We, the Technicians from the same batch were called and asked our consent. We all agreed. But after silence of 3 more months, the Recruiter told the UNISYS wants us to stay as agency recruits for another year. After two years of dedicated services them, when asked about the employment status, it was nothing more than the false promises therefore, have to quit.
Pros
Good number of calls per day that keeps you busy
Cons
Very low remunerations
Constantly looking to reduce cost by taking away benefits. Employees have no visibility to management or business decisions. Work hours were long and company calls you all day and all night even when you are not on duty. Unisys has you going out in the middle of night even though the customer's are not available and then turnaround and lay you off because they were not paid or making bad decisions. It's a no win situation. This company expects you drive 300 to 400 miles per event any time and any day.
Fresh beginning was fun, exciting, and interesting. The daily grind of sitting in traffic and rude customers on occasion brings damage to the person in the long run. Day begins with going to get the packages/parts for you repair jobs. Not too difficult but is the the constant changes to the schedule afterwards to meet up with client usually at a predefined locations and doing a good job worthwhile. A feeling to challenge being overcome. To simply a glorified delivery man with the ability to troubleshoot and replace problem causing component in computers on location without it being shipped into a repair center or taking into a shop. It is a stressful job to meet extreme schedules due to the fact that we do no know how the schedule will turn out because we don't get them until the day of repair. Which is fresh and exciting until it is not.
Pros
freedom of movement, challenge
Cons
Not in control of time management
Unisys is one of the mainframe manufacturer from the United State. I joined as a auto injection machine technician and gained experiences on simple automation for inline production.
Pros
stable and easy job
Cons
very little mechanical engineering works
the cost of fuel kept going up, and some times dipped a bit, but the compensation for travel and maintenance on my vehicle was inadequate for the amount of travel I was scheduled to drive each day.
Cons
low travel compensation
Bad leadership,bad Management,bad for morale,no sense or being a team,zero compliments for doing a good job.Unbalanced and unfair assessments of workers.This is just another stepping stone company and people are just numbers that don't matter.
Pros
Cons
A company that has shrunk into a shadow of what it was years ago.
the good:go new places, meet new people.go some places are interesting and good atmosphere.the bad:long time behind the wheel in traffic.go some places you rather not visit.
Pros
visit many locations
Cons
the drive
Great work...... Loved working there. Would work there again. Great people, great environment. It was really great. Like I said, loved it there. Great palace.
Tested and debugged check processing equipment. Worked mostly afternoon shift. There were hard days equipment was difficult to fix, and days where I'd sail right through the process. It was an enjoyable job.
Pros
everything
Cons
union job so, lost job through seniority
The company is good. but there are few things which needs to be , You would never know when would your process dissolves. salary is not so good if you are a freshers +18 month of bonds seem to be too much after a year working here. your weeks on and shift can be changed according to their requirement.
Pros
well and good if you are in a non-voice process
Cons
10 hours of working
They had me driving all over Georgia but still had to get all my tickets completed . They didn't even give the full amount that your supposed get for the mileage rate. Had to go to different customers locations.
Pros
working with good people.
Cons
some days you wouldn;t have any tickets to do.
This was my first job coming out of college and the people I worked with taught me most of what I use today in my work ethic and knowledge. It has been awhile and I am not sure what type of work the company does anymore.
Good contracting job. Paid me to travel and service computers when they needed me. I was able to pick up many jobs frequently the more I work. Furthermore, the more I worked, the more I was rewarded; therefore, it was good because I worked hard.
Working for Unisys had its ups and downs. One up was there was always something new to learn and to figure out. One downfall was driving on average I would drive 400 miles a week.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
driving 400 miles a week
Good opportunity for growth. travel opportunity, very diverse employees, paid holidays, paid vacation, global company
The Dell Break Fix technician job offers a low pay high stressful/hostile work environment from your management. It is rare you will ever work an actual 40 hour week and even rarer to get overtime. Customers however have in almost every case for me been great to interact with. The problem comes with the micromanagement from managers who require odious amounts of paper work to prove you are doing your job. Some of this paperwork is meant to be in my opinion confusing and open for interpretation to avoid paying for all time worked. Management often rejects expenses and time sheets adding to your frustration. I know some techs that just give up and take what they get. Further, the company claims it pays for expenses such as parking, tolls and mileage. Be warned, in basic principle this is true to a point. However, they do not pay the full IRS deductible amount fore mileage and after 1000 miles per month for Unisys employees and 250 miles for contractors per week the mileage drops down to a flat .20 cents per mile. Many times you will be asked to go out of your primary coverage area which will take you 100s of miles over these thresholds. At a certain point you will be subsidizing Unisys for this and that is just unethical. Communication is another issue. You will find it difficult to communicate with your manager either by email or by telephone when asking for help. I personal have fond some managers have a complete lack of understanding of the resources you are required to use to get your job done. Other managers just never answer your calls or emails. - more...
Pros
Professional contacts, get to move from place to place, time goes by quickly
Cons
low pay, stressful, hostile work environement, terrible benefits, unethical practices
A good place to learn how to work on computers. A fast pace easy going fun work environment. I would recommend anyone to work there a good place to work.
Nothing but a number. No job security. Bad management, minimal raises every 4-5 years, no advancement Run..........................
Cons
Where you start is where you will stay. Forever...
Drove for various miles way outside my scope of mileage. repaired many laptops and desktops, but could not keep most schedules because of the distances I had to drive to
Providing Excellent customer service, and technical support. Providing solutions to laptop, printer, account access, E mail, and server issues for users.
Pros
fun people
Cons
na