Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews for Technical Support Specialist

- They have good management. - Clean working environment. - Had a good relationship with my colleagues. - Hard part of the job is, it's always queuing.
They make it seem like they are a nice tight knit family with good benefits and they are nothing close once you get in the door. They pay poorly than any IT job in the area, the managers are gossipers and depressed people. Everyone complains. There is no direction, leading to much confusion. I hate this place, I wish I never came here. Within my first day the manager and another member were talking bad about new people.
Cons
Dont waste your time here. Better work for companies who really care for their employees. It took me 2 months before I got the JO. HR process takes soooo long.
Cons
For the time I was there, the pay was ok not great, but given the job it was ok. Supervision was good, had some issues with coworkers that were trying to become supervisors. Demanding co workers, level 2 group. But fellow coworkers were great. Made friends as well and helpful.
Unisys was a great stepping stone for me as an individual trying to get his first opportunity in IT. Overall great experience. Remember this is a Help Desk position a lot of answering phone calls.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Call center
nice place to work but the company does not treat contract workers to well as to being hired by the company itself. also the pay is not a base other employees got better pay and treatment
Good place to work, excellent salary, kind trainers, a lot to learn about new information technology programs, good training and developing opportunities
As a review, I recommend Unisys for people who want to start their career as a service desk or helpdesk specialist. I am looking for more challenge that can help me enhance my technical background, to able to showcase and contribute my knowledge to other companies that can benefit me and them as well
Unisys has a large group of very qualified employees but continues to be challenged with moving from its legacy hardware and services business to aAS or cloud offerings. Management changes fairly frequently but innovation is prized.
I worked there for 10 years the politics were rough and brown nosing and favoritism was strong. If you stuck to yourself and worked hard it was noticed and paid off.
They had overtime options to make up being late or missing work with or without a doctors note. Unless you were friends with the floor manager. But I learned a lot from working here.
This job sucks! Worked for fannie mae and had 3 different managers within 9 months who knew nothing about the job at all! Had to get help remotely from L2’s in another state. HIGH TURNOVER DUE TO THIS
I can't say anything about the company in general as I only worked in their call center, but as for the Unisys call center, it's like all the other ones. This was a place, like the Georgia Cyber Center, that was supposed to usher in a wave of IT jobs in Augusta, Ga. Like far too many things promised, this too is a farce. There is virtually no difference between this call center and one you would find in a non-tech industry. The calls come in and the call center dispatches a ticket to someone else who does the actual work. Any work that is performed by the help desk "technician" is rudimental at best, often simply clicking a button in a program, which by the way, you will need train yourself on because the "training" offered is by name only; you will not learn anything of value in the "training" offered by Unisys. If you are looking for IT work, it only takes a day, max, to realize that this job isn't what you want, as many of the employees have little to no technical acumen, and that's not even a knock on them as it isn't required to know anything about technology or IT to do this job. For anyone aspiring to work in the IT field, avoid call centers like this one like the plague. They will not provide you with valuable skills. They will not position you for a promotion to anything other than more low-skilled call center work, and on top of that the pay isn't even that good.
Pros
They have this big granite ball that stands on a film of water
Cons
Too many to count
some managers are great, others not so much. this was my first call center job, wasn't too bad but it was incredibly stressful. I tried multiple different shift while I attended school, couldn't really find a good fit.
Pros
not bad benefits wise, still it's a call center so lots of stress and anxiety.
Cons
stress/anxiety
Decent unit, somewhat productive. Good leadership.Up tempo environment. Close net employees. Monday is typically the most hectic day of the week. Interacting with customers is the best part about the job.
No comment unable to comment at this time and will not comment at this time regarding employment company is great and fun atmosphere and no further comments
I was brought in after the company I was working for transitioned IT functions to unisys. We were offered jobs and it has literally been the worst experience since the transition. Everything we were told about salary, shifts and scope of work were complete lies. Not only that but all of our communications with users are delayed if we ever get the email at all.
Cons
This was a work place which taught me various ways of IT and tools like ITSM and perigrine . I was a part of the mobility solutions desk as well to initiate the mobile mail system in Unisys.
I worked for Unisys for over a year and signed up for medical insurance on my first day. Unisys took money out of every one of my pay checks for medical insurance. When I got sick after I worked at Unisys for about 10 months I tried to use my medical insurance only to find out Unisys never signed me up. Even after Unisys stole money from each of my paychecks they never paid for me to have insurance and refused to refund the money they stole.
Pros
easy job
Cons
no room to grow, not honest company
Best company ever. Working here is the best experience everyone would wish to have at work. It is so wonderful, organized and professional. All in all, it is a nice place to work.
it was a call center but was in a secured environment for a DoD contract. My section was great to work in but the overall contract lacked management and direction.
Pros
hours
Cons
management