Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews for Technical Support

this is a good company managers enjoy their jobs tied to the phones the whole shift is a typical day Workplace culture is very family oriented the most enjoyable is the people you work with
i love my job, no room to grow. love my coworkers, i get meet many people in the industry. what i learned Determine and deliver on-site technical support.
If your interested in office politics, managerial patiesum, and corporate cronyism all while trying to polity correct someone else's technical error, this might be the place for you. Otherwise I would only recommend if your desperate.
the day starts out with removal of data tapes from the library's for many of Unisys Clients, and preparing them to be ship off site. then we check on all task that have been assigned to our work group. then we exchange tapes from the off site team and loaded these tapes in the library's. then we complete and Incidents that have been assigned to us. and handle all emergency through out the day
The company isn't the greatest but it isn't the worst. It okay. The competitive pay is great especially for what you are doing. The things the company lacks is long term decision making and potential for growth.
Very poor training, it consisted of you listening to various reps on the phone and so you had to learn how to use the knowledge bases too be able to help someone at all. Benefits were terrible, People with families couldn't do it because it was half their paycheck.
Pros
Decent pay for job required
Cons
Almost everything they showed little or no concern for their employees
I recommend this company and position for individuals who are great at troubleshooting, and problem solving. There is a lot to learn everyday at this job. Technical aptitude is a must, and simple satisfaction comes each day when you solve complex issues for users.
Pros
Great teams and collaboration
Cons
Frequent process changes
I was fired by my immediate supervisor two days after a good job review. I filed for unjustified termination and Unisys didn't even try to dispute that. Fortunately, I'd kept records of my work. I imagine they knew that I'd be able to defend myself in a hearing. I imagine that I was fired because I was overheard, in a private conversation, off work, stating that only wealthy or deeply deluded could still vote for Republicans.
Pros
good way to start in IT
Cons
no protection for workers
I enjoyed working with people and the support from my co workers. Everyone worked together as a team to accomplish tasks and help each other out. The manager at the time was not available but other co workers stepped in to help.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Poor management
NUMBERS! Unisys offers some very valuable training that you can take with you should you lose your employment status. Plenty of work to keep all busy.
Pros
All shifts available
Cons
Large # of temporary employees
This was my first job in the IT field. I did not stay long as it was not a job I enjoyed. The friends I made there were great, but the environment was not for me.
Overall my time at Unisys was a benefit to me, but I wouldn't go back there anytime soon. I had a manager who wouldn't approve paid time off for me to be there for my wife when my first son was born, so I was forced to take leave-without pay. That was the just one of the strikes I made before I decided to leave. The first was that I did not get a raise at the end of my first year there because I had not worked a full fiscal year; however, I had worked there for most of that year. The last straw was how I was mistreated by my insurance and I was forced to pay for the medical expenses of my son's birth all out of pocket. On a technical standpoint, the account I worked in was challenging and collaborative (which is what I enjoyed and needed). I had many co-workers who were sad to see me go, but wished me the best as I moved on.
Pros
Decent medical/dental/vision/life insurance, 401k plan, and accrued paid time off. Also 9 company approved holidays.
Cons
Intermountain Healthcare dropping Aetna drastically limited where I could get medical care, overall uncaring
fue una excelente empresa, hasta que hubo unos cambios de en la parte de IT y ahora estan despidiendo a todo el mundo, Ame esa empresa hasta que me despidieron sin justa causa, no he sido el unico, muchos compañeros, son botados a la calle sin una explicacion digna.
Pros
Fue excelente empresa
Cons
Estan botando mucha gente
decent entry level tech position. Currently experiencing flux in company staffing. company has only one direction to go and that's up management is decent.
Stressful but doing technical support comes with stress busy but great manager's a lot of projects to work for they have just Customer service representative jobs if you are not technical
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
I very much enjoyed the challenging aspects of Unisys while I was there. I left to go to a what I thought was a better opportunity. The people were all great and friendly.
Pros
Good place
Cons
health care
The work is very fast paced sometimes but there are leaders who try to help create a cohesive Team environment that is good for all workers very good.
Pros
Nice work location next to river
Cons
Need more training for advancement up the chain for career growth
Different from day to day The workplace is right off the highway so easy to get to Most enjoyable part of the job talking to different people on the phone and getting their problems resolved
The management is fantastic, and the people I work with are always so relaxed and fun to talk to. I got the hours I wanted and have learned a lot from being here. I'm constantly learning at this job.
Pros
Management is willing to work with you, healthcare is provided.
Cons
Can be a bit stressful at times
Worked for 1 year as technical support EXECUTIVE Worked as per company guidelines Work pressure high Company benefits ok
Unisys is a great place to work with a nice and friendly environment. They have great health and financial benefits. The management i worked under was very personable and easy to work with.