Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews for Lead Engineer

Release cycle is very large. Managers don't take immediate action for expedition of release. Employees are not supported when there is any calamity.
A good and balanced company which values employees Good projects to work on. Friendly management and HR Has a good work life balance and a friendly environment to work in
Pros
WFH options
Cons
Slow growth
I had very good experience with this company and management is such a great over there that you never felt that you have been missed out of anything. I am glad that this company is in my profile as due to some personal situations, I had left this company which I am still counting as a mistake.
Pros
great company
Cons
nothing to say here
If you are good to management, you will reach your goal sooner. They never track your work timing in micro level. You can get WFH option with prior approval. Apart from salary, no other benefit.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Almost you have no value in from of management.
I thoroughly enjoying my Work life balance here and learnt many new things from 10 years. I learnt few Automation tools likes selenium,UFT, RFT, CodedUI and designed the Automaiton Framework. Also learnt on Test Estimation techniques and learnt how to handle the team
Pros
Flexibility at work
Cons
A wonderful company to work for. A true global workplace where we get to speak to teams/ individuals across the world. The leadership team is really good.
Pros
Good work-life balance
Cons
Growth
Up until 2005, Unisys was one of the great company to work. Share holders decided that earnings were more important that employees and began reducing benefits and perks. Vested pensions were halted and replaced with 401k's. Benefits shrunk and increased in costs to employees. Many large volume layoffs in the US, Europe, Australia and New Zealand replacing workforce with lower cost / lower skilled Indian and Taiwanese candidates.
Pros
Was great at one time with great work/life balance, competitive benefits, 401k 50% match @ 6%
Cons
Company in transition, offshoring most engineering and management roles to India, reducing expense to attract resale prospects.
Working hours are flexible as long as putting in 40 hours per week. Work from home is also permitted. Can play Ping Pong after 5:00 PM. Work is somewhat challenging. Recently lack of new projects/products.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Lack of new porjects
Unisys provided me with work experience dealing with multinational cultures and responsibilities. Our in-house Data Center support staff was technically savvy and fun to work with. The very top level of management had constant turnover so a consistent, loyal, hierarchy of top-down product and services philosophy was difficult to maintain.
Worked as Lead Engineer Manual testing and automation testing