Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews for IT Support

They are for the most part a good company to work with, i enjoyed my time there as i learned a lot and gathered a lot of experience, environment was professional and busy
If employees don't have projects company will do the layoffs. They will not able to manage / map to the employees with other projects. If u work many years also no use. No job security..
Cons
If employees don't have projects company will do the layoffs.
Unisys is quite good company in terms of location. The work here is not that hard but in terms of salary, they need to improve the salary range just like others
i knew right away this was a temporary position even though they tried to elude this fact from me. management couldn't have been less interested in the project.
Too cheap and too many layoffs. They want to slave you but not pay you want you deserve. Good company but very unorganized and benefits are expensive.
Pros
Good Company to have on resume.
Cons
Cheap and don't want to pay
Worked in the support environment for 1.5 years, a typical day at work is getting roasted by tasks for 10 working hours straight (obviously excluding the 1 hour + break). Now of course the nature of tasks I performed on the daily basis were repetitive, which is not company's fault but what the job role required. Workplace culture is fine, everyone seems approachable at first but later you'll realize how much politics driven the whole working environment is. This is even more significant when you are trying to switch the roles internally / seek promotion. Salary is pretty weak, which is still okay as it would not be significantly better elsewhere but what makes the major difference are the incentives, or the lack of it. Forget that you will be rewarded for your hard work or extra work and time put in by you. Could go into bit more detail but I don't see the point, overall I had a pretty underwhelming experience...but it could be different for you or someone else. Anyways, life moves on and so do people working in corporate. Hopefully I would never have to work here again in the future. Thanks!
Almost no or little training. Management is not a peoplemanager. No good yearly evalution You can choose your own companycar for BMW or Ford,.... Ecovouchers 7€
Pros
company card
Cons
management
A lot of issues when it comes to the company. First, HMO was not renewed in time, there was an instance that some people are about to use their HMO but then had to contact maxicare. There are so many bad things about this company that I had to leave for the betterment.
Was not a bad place to work. Allowed to be independent and not micromanaged. Somewhat tough call time standards since you are working with some people and systems that are bit slower than others.
Installation, configuration, and support of hardware such as PCs, laptops, printers Set up new computers including loading operating systems, application software, and installing hardware accessories as needed Diagnosis and repair of desktop computers, laptop computers, and other computer hardware
Great schedules avail, great pay, don't take advantage of a great place like this. nothing else like it in augusta, GA .... Starting off at $13.50 - $14 .. only goes up from there
The position was fast paced supporting end users with various technical issues. There wasn't much training, but I shadowed other tech support to learn the position.
The job was enjoyable and friends were able to be made that lasted past employment. There was always something else to learn, some new process that required knowledge. Updates and revisions for ticketing system was provided. It was very nice to have a company believe in me and great to work for them as long as I did.
Pros
Balanced work environment
Cons
No advancement inside the company
I was a contractor for Unisys, Still I got many things to learn and Working was relaxed,Stressed at times but depends on Volume. Managers were understanding and Motivates to learn more. I was disappointed to leave Unisys as it was an Year contract.
Pros
Small Cafeteria, No food on sunday
Cons
Small breaks, Learning time
Typical day at work is usually driving 42 miles to Pasadena, Tx. one way and providing desk side support for any and all IT issues. I have learned how to disassemble and reassemble laptops. I have learned how to configure Windows 7 and Windows 10 laptops. I have learned how to use Altiris 8.5. Workplace culture is good. Everyone is super nice and professional acting. Hardest part of this job is the driving, followed by getting parts delivered to the correct site. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I have fixed a problem for someone and they appreciate the work that I do with a Thank you. I always say "I am happy I could fix the problem" because that's what I enjoy doing. Solving IT problems for people!
Pros
Telecommute sometimes remoting a problem computer
Cons
No one else who knows how to do my job to fill in for me when I am out sick, Hard to have a vacation that way, Low pay range
There is no room to grow at Unisys. You can put in 10 years to see if someone will quit and then battle the 50 other people who have been waiting for that spot. A typical day is fairly tame, just walking users through general troubleshooting of their local software and web-based portals.
loved working from home, but was very difficult to get assistance from management and supervisors learned a lot about networking issues and Microsoft outlook
Pros
Working remote from home
Cons
no oppurtunity for advancement, seldomly get feedback from management, difficult to get up to date training or assistance
Decent place to work. Work can be stressful due to multitasking and strict quality guidelines. Probably pays slightly more than your average service desk. There was not enough training before being thrown onto phones. Most people take 3 to 6 months to get acclimated and comfortable with the work. If you can get passed the 3 to 6 month stress window, the job is decent for being a call center.
Pros
Potlucks, team members, pay, benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, little time off available, strict guidelines
Great Experience, very Challenging. Utilizing many different Technical Support resources and tools to help about a dozen different Companies and their Employees World Wide. From Chicago PD; to AARP; to Lafarge and many others. Each having specific Call Handling and Escalation Procedures that you must follow. Remote Tools, Learning Libraries and Technical Know How. Outstanding experience if it wasn't for poor leadership.
Pros
Job Experience, Challenging, Fulfilling, Exciting
Cons
Leadership
Handling IT request, customer request handling, calls and tickets handling, Resolver chasing, Call taking, Trainings
Service IT support. Escalations, IT Support and Multilingual Service Delivery Management Specialist.