Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews for Architect

Good work culture Great learning Find own way out for resolving the issues Management needs to evolve and support good performers Learned and implemented the good ethics in the work
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Senior Management need to improve their efficiency
Wrong place to work. If you are used to work in bad culture and chaotic environment, you may find it normal. Directionless management often do blaming of engineering staff and do layoffs and rehire.
Pros
Cons
incompetent staff and bullying work culture
Excellent managers with open and collaborative style. Technology and administrative support are outstanding. This is crucial for my success as a remote worker.
Pros
Remote work schedule
Cons
Matching technology is a bit of a challenge
When I worked for Unisys the company goals related to open source technology was not well planned or thought out. The company was trying to transition from a Microsoft centric practice into a open source practice but the realization that it would take some time and billing rate concessions to make the transition was not well understood.
Pros
Great company salary and benefits
Cons
Lack of vision
Flexible work hours, Good exposure to latest technologies, Support from Management, Diversified culture. Enjoyable experience so far
Pros
Many of the mid-level leaders here were great, but the previous senior managers had no clue about how to lead and motivate technical people. This organisation was led by the stick, and no carrot in sight to in-cent people to be their best. This makes is hard for anyone that understands true leadership to make a difference to the organisation.
Pros
Reasonable salary but needs to be negotiated up front
Cons
Don't expect a pay rise. Previous senior leadership
You'll work with great colleagues. But the company's not at all on a growth trajectory. Pipeline in my business unit was dismal and every project felt like it could be the last,..until it was. Ideas are not new, bench is not deep, and the company struggles to articulate who it is and what it does. Project staff is willing to work very hard, and management is only too happy to exploit that. Projects are rarely scoped right and Unisys tends to set itself up committing to projects it can't deliver...and then pointing fingers at the overworked, understaffed rank and file and telling them they aren't working hard enough or well enough. Management structure is bloated and confusing. Generally, it's a pleasant environment to work in from day to day. Compensation is a mixed bag. You can start out at a good enough salary but raises are extremely hard to come by.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
The only future is treading water
A typical day at work starts at 6am with international conference calls to the USA. This normally lasts until about 11am, I then get to address critical emails and/or staffing matters. At around 3pm my resources in India get to work and I start talking to them, this normally slows down at approximately 9pm which gives me an hour or so to have dinner before my US resources come back online. I then process to talk to them and attend various management meetings until aroun1:30am. The day is long and draining as it involves continual technical discussions that rely on my input for direction.
Pros
I work from home
Cons
Assisted the sales team by architecting and implementing the appropriate storage solutions for clients.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Unisys?
Co-Workers are great, Change in management is driving the growth. Learned many new technologies.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no training.