Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

Many promises, nothing has been delivered. Will take at least 5 years to move up here. Was promised several training opportunities, though they all fell through without communication. I have been here two years and have had 4 managers, we now have a temp manager with no change in site. Every month is getting closer to failure. They do not supprt the accounts and will hound you incessantly if you take even a few minutes to check documentation. I have the highest stats on my account, though I get no thanks. They are now combining accounts with virtually no training and little support. They may add you to accounts with noting more than an email and no set time to learn the account. When I started, things were good, though now, you may go from one account to 4 or more overnight. For the money, it's not worth the stress. They are blaming things on covid, though covid is not to blame, poor leadership and lack of responsibility are to blame. Having the best stats, helping your colleagues, being early everyday and working every holiday when asked are not enough to move up here.
think its that great but a chance to get your foot in the door in IT field is great for that but most people are moving on after a couple of years even if not less
Pros
not much
Cons
please remodel the place, 1984 olympic jersey hanging in glass case LMFAO
Sorry if you want to know more about Unisys they look online I am sure there are plenty of info out there, but all I will say is I will not go back to Unisys for any job at all.
Lots of room in the break room. Environment was help desk/call queue. Learned a lot of technical skills there. Learned quality customer service skills.
I worked there for 10 years the politics were rough and brown nosing and favoritism was strong. If you stuck to yourself and worked hard it was noticed and paid off.
I was able to get promoted from L1 to L2 rather quickly and again to a Supervisor role. I enjoyed my opportunity and time as a manager at Unisys and still miss my agents.
There’s two sides to Unisys. Unisys Technical Services or UTS and Unisys Information Services or UIS. If you’re a UTS employee like I was, you’ll never make more than a certain amount. Period. So once you hit that pay cap, there’s really no motivation to do anything more. Also, UTS/UIS both have non-compete clauses in their contracts. So if you want to make more, or move to another department. You literally have to quit first.
They had overtime options to make up being late or missing work with or without a doctors note. Unless you were friends with the floor manager. But I learned a lot from working here.
Unisys to this day is struggling to make a large enough profit. Keeping that in mind both benefits and pay are on the lighter side for all positions. Turn over the company is regular but presents a good opportunity for anyone wanting to advance their careers. Work hard and expand beyond your current job role and you will be able to advance. Once you have learned all you can don't be afraid to move on. Staying to long in this high pressure environment with less than ideal pay and last rate health benefits will burn you out.
Great organization, have to be willing to adapt to changes. Was a contract employee and had a difficult time getting hired on permanent before the whole team was outsourced to India.
Worked here as an entry level IT helpdesk position. Proved myself and got promoted to a level 2 position, but with no increase in salary. It did give me access to tools and experience to land my next job. The biggest failure with Unisys is they keep all their teir 2 positions overseas, leaving no room for career growth with them. Highly recommend starting somewhere else with room for advancement.
If your interested in office politics, managerial patiesum, and corporate cronyism all while trying to polity correct someone else's technical error, this might be the place for you. Otherwise I would only recommend if your desperate.
The company does not give raises and training on new products and services is horrible. The company tends to work you very hard and does not recognize you for your hard work. Management is horrible and really only talks to you when you are not doing something that they feel that you should. No incentives and no perks to working at this place at all. All the top executives get all the raises and leave the front line to continue working hard with little to no recognition.
i hate writing reviews but this company was not the best as the work place environment goes and the people and the bosses are not the best in the business
Worked with awesome people and we did have pot lucks. We did contest for the holidays. We did have bbqs and the account I was on was awesome. We had a very awesome manager
Cons
Healthcare
I have made many friends here, but none of us have a good experience with the management. This place is always changing things around with poor communication, poor support (L2's BS'in instead of responding to questions in chat) etc. Gotten to the point when something is pretty bad, we call it TUW, "The Unisys Way"
Pros
Good Location
Cons
benefits suck, as does the management style
the day starts out with removal of data tapes from the library's for many of Unisys Clients, and preparing them to be ship off site. then we check on all task that have been assigned to our work group. then we exchange tapes from the off site team and loaded these tapes in the library's. then we complete and Incidents that have been assigned to us. and handle all emergency through out the day
Unisys is good stepping stone for someone whose brand new to the IT and customer service field. But as working for them long term, it's a big no go. The manager that I worked for was good, but the others, let's just say, it's their way or the highway.
Pros
Good stepping stone
Cons
Bad management
some managers are great, others not so much. this was my first call center job, wasn't too bad but it was incredibly stressful. I tried multiple different shift while I attended school, couldn't really find a good fit.
Pros
not bad benefits wise, still it's a call center so lots of stress and anxiety.
Cons
stress/anxiety
Employees are overworked and underpaid. The climate is very stressful and employees are being required to continuously work overtime through oncall work without additional compensation. There is no work-life balance.
Unisys did what they could to promote your career. They offered all types of training to their employees. The work environment was friendly and laid back. You worked together to try and meet the daily requirements. There were good managers and bad managers but your fellow employees were friendly and helpful.