Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews in Blue Bell, PA

Sales were high with 100% renewals. Management acknowledged our achievement with awards. The team that worked on this project were very innovative and a pleasure to work with.
Old school, run away. Management is constantly turning over. Once a great company, but they have lost their way in the modern era. Difficult to move up.
Unisys is a great place to work - work life balance and coworkers are great. Management decision-making could be improved as it seems they do not always consider how their decisions will impact associates.
Fast paced/ matrixed environment. Filled with many wonderful associates who are customer centric. Love the company and its' employees. Great opportunity to learn new skills.
Most disorganized environment I ever worked in. I interviewed over the phone twice and was hired - did not meet anyone face to face from the company for 6 months! I met all my objectives and received annual pay increases at the top of the scale and then 2 years later was laid off by my bosses boss. Horrible run company and there is a specific reason Unisys has not been purchased by other companies (i.e EDS and Perot Systems).
No work life balance, To Stressful. 3000 - 4000 miles per month on own vehicle. Very Poor mileage reimbursement. No company raises, Case Quota, Poor stand-by pay.
Leadership is off shoring resources. It started with software development and testing and has now moved to project an program management. U.S. jobs being eliminated in favor of lower cost off shore resources. I was expected to manage up to 7 project at a time. The sales reps often sold products or services that were not yet developed and made delivery promises that were unrealistic.14 - 16 hours days were the norm
Unisys is a large corporation with many facets. I worked only with the desktop computing division - specifically, with educational computing sales. I traveled as an educational technology expert to conferences and symposia.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Unisys provided me with many opportunities to advance. There were very interesting and challenging projects and the management was always supportive.
The culture is heads down , don't see me. This is from years of layoffs. This is not a culture that is open to new ideas. They 'Unisyze' you. People backstab and are out for themselves.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Not secure employment, culture is awful
Learned how to use the software for the organization. Managed the daily news via electronic software. Ability to meet and work with upper management daily.
Last year or so was and various network and PC network setups and installations. When at hoe location did break and fix, installs and setyup of networks and sever and EMC disk installations.
Pros
Interesting work and travel for network instalations.
Cons
Maintaining a 3 county territory and on call for 1/2 State of Michigan every 6th week.
Unisys is a combo of several companies all of which were successful. The integration of the companies plus the trying to bring new talent to the company-at the time I was there-failed miserably.
Pros
Good name
Cons
Subversive organizatons
I would 100% suggest working for Unisys. Management is really hands off and the wage is fair for the work being performed. Getting the account team aligned was difficult. Hard to balance revenue and costs
Pros
Great people
Cons
Horrible benefits
Unisys had a good work environment coupled with solid teams of IT professionals that worked well together. The job provided me with the ability to team with others in the pursuit and capture process which allowed me to grow and develop professionally.
Pros
Teamwork was the best part of the jhob
Cons
Disparate work force made collaboration challenging at times
Worked in many positions and worked to be the best at each assignment. I was recognized for my hard work by many managers, but it was negated by dishonest and unethical managers.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
betrayal by some management at key times in work history
This was an IT focused company and did work with National accounts and government customers. Most opportunities were developing and maintaining computer development expertise.
Great first job out of college. I learned alot and improved on skills. The hard part was going moving to onsite client position because completely different from working at home office.
Pros
Education Opportunities
Cons
Lack knowledge on career advancement
Spent 20+ years working in IT, and I learned quite a bit from my experiences and traveling to different client sites. Definitely a strong work environment that was always positive.
Pros
Work environment/Life balance
Cons
Traveling
I would not recommend it because it lacks communication, and does not foster collaboration. Lack of vision and mission. Goals are set in random and unattainable.
Good company to work for. Was able to balance work and family. good co-workers and management. was able to progress with promotions. Pay was completive with other companies.