Unisys

Unisys Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,400 reviews
I install, remove, upgrade routers and switches. Also configuring all of our voice and data equipment under a strong management team. A completely unique and strong workplace culture. The hardest part of the day is time management. Most enjoyable is getting to work with an extremely knowledgeable work staff.
Poor pay and even poorer management. Use this job as a stepping stone to a better job. Just pass through. This is not worth making this a place to build a career.
Pros
location
Cons
everything else
I started my I.T. career at Unisys 20 years ago doing field service break fix for laptops, servers and printers. The job was hectic and the pay was very low. It's not a bad job if you need a start in I.T. and have no experience.
Pros
Learn about hardware
Cons
Low pay, a lot of driving, wear and tear on your car.
Recent sale of Federal business unit resulted in additional funding that is driving innovation and overall growth across the organization. Exciting times!
They make it seem like they are a nice tight knit family with good benefits and they are nothing close once you get in the door. They pay poorly than any IT job in the area, the managers are gossipers and depressed people. Everyone complains. There is no direction, leading to much confusion. I hate this place, I wish I never came here. Within my first day the manager and another member were talking bad about new people.
Cons
Managment at Unisys is a toxic top down dynamic.Corporate leadership will cut support and instigate policies without any forethought on actual implementation.They continue to look for reducing what they pay while making sure they get the most out of what they are being paid by Dell or HP.They will continue to ask that a technician in the field front their expenses while nickel and diming their perople for recompoense.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Working for Unisys
Management is singleminded, self-serving, highly political (in the business sense) and concerned with only one thing: their own job security. They would sooner hire someone to serve as a scapegoat for their own ineptitude than deal with their own failures as managers. Salaries are below average, benefits (medical) are above average. 401k plan is average. Work-life balance: don't expect to ever have a minute to yourself (it sucks).
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Release cycle is very large. Managers don't take immediate action for expedition of release. Employees are not supported when there is any calamity.
No es un trabajo retador, Los "lideres" se hacen llamar así, pero en realidad son jefes y utilizan políticas de miedo para manejar las situaciones entre los empleados. No tienen un trato justo.No hay crecimiento y mejoras dentro del proyecto.No hay mejoras tecnológicas y de procesos.Hay resistencia al cambio de parte de las personas que llevan muchos años. No tienen planes de capacitación y traslado de conocimientos, por lo tanto hay abusos de poder de parte de los referentes de áreas y no hay seguimiento e interés de mejorar esto de parte del manager.El manager no se interesa por las necesidades de su equipo; esto genera malestar, desinterés y quejas constantes e innecesarias del personal.El manager utiliza a otras personas para realizar tareas que el mismo debería atender.Los compañeros de trabajo operan individualmente, y generan competencia desleal, muchos abusos. Nadie normaliza, ni regular normas de convivencia.Los sueldo no son equitativos.Un clima laboral pésimo.No hay beneficios significativos.No recomiendo a nadie trabajar en Unisys.
Pros
Sueldo depositado en tiempo y forma.
Cons
Pésimo ambiente laboral, abusos de poder, falta de ética de las personas, no hay cumplimiento de normas básicas de convivencia
Every aspect of this company is bad. Horrible culture, backwards antiquated leadership. There's a reason this business shrunk from $23B to $3B. They could are less about their employees.
Cons
Supervisor and manager roles are poorly defined, it can often be a challenge for employees to get a clear answer from a higher-up for any type of work-related question. Management often ignores emails and phone calls from employees, even when the questions directly impact the employee's ability to successfully do their job. HR contacts take several weeks to respond to emails. Poorly defined access controls have allowed many employees to work several months without having the basic software tools necessary to efficiently complete their responsibilities. Benefits, although they appear to be generous, are designed in a manner that precludes employees from actually benefitting. If a single member of a 35+ member team takes off for a day, no one else can have that same day off, regardless of how far in advance they request. It takes several weeks for time off requests to be answered, so when the employee finally gets their response, there isn't enough time remaining to put in another request. A disconnected system means that branches located in different cities can't view the complete time off request schedule, causing employees to think it's safe to request off for a time period, without realizing another branch member may have requested off for the same days. Breaks and lunches are guaranteed to be late, sometimes as late as several hours. Second breaks are not guaranteed. When asked, employees are told that even though they worked through their break, that was acceptable because the employee was paid for that time. Outdated technology encounters frequent delays, causing - more...
Pros
Work from home capability
Cons
No second break guarantee, late lunches, outdated tools, lack of communication, poor quality of training
Worst place I ever worked. Manager was too military oriented.Did not feel safe or secure at work. Had to work around a psycho!What more do you want. I told you how feel.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
just about everything
Sales were high with 100% renewals. Management acknowledged our achievement with awards. The team that worked on this project were very innovative and a pleasure to work with.
Many promises, nothing has been delivered. Will take at least 5 years to move up here. Was promised several training opportunities, though they all fell through without communication. I have been here two years and have had 4 managers, we now have a temp manager with no change in site. Every month is getting closer to failure. They do not supprt the accounts and will hound you incessantly if you take even a few minutes to check documentation. I have the highest stats on my account, though I get no thanks. They are now combining accounts with virtually no training and little support. They may add you to accounts with noting more than an email and no set time to learn the account. When I started, things were good, though now, you may go from one account to 4 or more overnight. For the money, it's not worth the stress. They are blaming things on covid, though covid is not to blame, poor leadership and lack of responsibility are to blame. Having the best stats, helping your colleagues, being early everyday and working every holiday when asked are not enough to move up here.
Excellent work atmosphere. Good work culture. Excellent learning. Very good skills development opportunity. Different work transformation Effective time management
● Work-life balanceGood benefits, family balance was important, training an education provided for career development● Pay & benefitsPaid personnel and vacation time● Job security and advancementBy providing value as a team member you were secure and advancement was typical● OverallDuring my working career the company took me on a journey that educated you into a vital team member providing knowledge to face problems that would arise and resolve them in a timely manner. Family life was important with management, they showed concern and would stay in contact with the employee an their families ensuring company benefits were utilized to face daily challenges.
If employees don't have projects company will do the layoffs. They will not able to manage / map to the employees with other projects. If u work many years also no use. No job security..
Cons
If employees don't have projects company will do the layoffs.
During my employment at Unisys Inc was very challenging and a team environment where everyone respect each other as engineer and professionals in our every-day task. Customer service was our top priority before and after as work order has been resolved. If given the opportunity to work there again, I will NOT hesitate.
Pros
Team work and bonuses.
Cons
No cons
multinational company and team very friendly and offering many trip by ear to make some trainings and formations. team were very communicative and open to teach and cooperate. We learned a lot and made many friends for good longterm.
Like I said, only top level executives benefit at Unisys, low level workers will not see pay increases in years. Benefits suck, no room for improvement unless you pay for your own training, .
Pros
Cons
too many to list here.
Dont waste your time here. Better work for companies who really care for their employees. It took me 2 months before I got the JO. HR process takes soooo long.