UBS

UBS Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,116 reviews
As a part-time Administrator, I was handling various administration tasks related to UBS Funds, like invoices, custody fees, administration fees,.. input data into the system, management of instructions received from clients and other department related to Fund administration.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
pressure at work
The bank clearly lack oversight of middle managers, they trade investment banking coverage for ratings under the table and discourage collaboration. Independent analysis and thought diversity is punished. On the bright side, the cafe has good food if you can get off the desk long enough to get through the line for lunch.
Pros
Lunchtime cafe
Cons
Everything else
Having worked here a for several years now, I can honestly say that I would never recommend any of my friends or relatives to work for UBS despite the monetary incentives available for this. Whilst pay seems to be akin to what you might expect, most roles will kill your lifestyle balance. There are so many people off with stress, and not just for short periods, but for extended periods of time. Mistakes are rife, corners being cut and it really affects moral. Your colleagues are the best point about working there which is often said. It makes the job fun, and interesting at times. It has certainly made me think twice about leaving so far. Lots of challenges day to day which makes the job interesting and fulfilling at times. Management has their head in the clouds and are all about how they look amongst their peers across the group rather than for the client or employees. Too busy patting each other on the back, rather than actually addressing issues in their teams. Lots of mixed messenging from management. I think the management issues is result of the way Performance is measured in the company. It's based on relative performance, and not actual performance. If people leave then it is a battle to replace, as every management function is looking to cut costs. A positive is that there is a lot training and development tools available to the individual, but little or no time to take advantage due to workload and stress. Lots of opportunities to take part in volunteering locally, but again, I don't know anyone who has time to do this, so it is pointless. Offices are spacious and - more...
Pros
Peers and colleagues, good opportunities if you have time to explore them, Nice workplace
Cons
Pros: Work life balance is a joke, Management often do not back up what they say, Feel like things are not moving forward
Hostile work environment, bad compensation, depressing bonus. Teams don't work together but against each other. Lawyer up before meetings, or be prepared to work weekends solving other teams' problem without any acknowledgement.
UBS PWM is a good place to start. The work load is not super heavy, but requires above average effort. At times can be demanding, but they are respectful of your wellbeing and allow for time off as requested. Overall would recommend if wealth management is something you want to do.
It’s not possible for the client service associates to complete all of their work within an 8 hour workday - you will always be behind on work. They expect so much from you yet there is no overtime allowed or bonus pay outs at the end of the year.
I’m a current employee of UBS, and absolutely love my job. Management is behind me 100% and has helped motivate and coach me to be a valued asset at the firm. Every opportunity I’m interested in has been encouraged and I’m able to do a job I truly enjoy doing.
Pros
Work life balance
Overall great place to start a career in the financial services industry. Lots of recent college grads and young professionals. Great work environment along with some of the best coworkers.
Pros
Great People and work/life balance
Cons
Lack of career advancement
Nice officesupportive co-workers and management teamcompetitive salary packagesbut systems are too old, so you rarely get exposures to new trending technologies
Good pay , great benefits , reputable firm. Not much room for advancement. Management doesn’t promote from within. Too much cost cutting and reliance on offshore teams
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UBS?
Executive Site Director from UBS in New York city was fully cool. As a Director myself the boss had my back at all times. The culture there was employee friendly. We all got along and I was able to advance my skill sets while working there. We were free to work independently and were not micro managed.
Pros
Great leadership at the top. Free to manage my unit, Full Transparency
Cons
Couldn't discipline weak employees. Even when the dont show up for work..
People are great! Good Company, people are good and easy to work with. Nice offices with work hard play hard mentality. Culturally inclusive workplace.
Nice place to work as it take cares of all employees in all required manner. Lots of experienced people but to slow to adapt new technology . Otherwise good
Pros
Environment
Cons
Technology Stack
Promotions slots are competitive and based mostly on politics. Development work is being pushed to lower cost countries.Get the salary you need when you join. There will be little chance to get raises in the future.
Pros
Flexible work place
Cons
Lack of advancement. Small raises, tiny bonuses.
I worked in the PR division of UBS. Really fantastic people with a great, supportive culture. No real complaints as long as you are aware of what the job entails.
The people that work here are generally out to help to eachother. Management seems to decent but in my area we don’t have much interaction aside 1-1s every 2 weeks which are frequently cancelled or rescheduled. In general the company is a good place to work.
The organization has too many people focus on controls and paper work and not enough people focused on making money or satisfying clients. The IB at UBS is really just a shell and proxy for Wealth Management.
Pros
Work-Life
Cons
Overall Bank Talent
High level of politics, Worst management, Load and Loads of work, All AD's and AO's think they are the CEO of the company and can sack you out of the company any day. dual faced management, Better think before joining
Pros
Shift allowances are good
Cons
Management at India are the worst
Disappointing experience. Not what I expected. Lots of great people to work with but leadership from management was lacking. Glad for the opportunity but would not want to work there again.
Working within the technology group have had nice relationships with full time folks. Staff aug/contractors move in and out frequently which can make projects take longer. In general few complaints.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Growth is tough.
UBS is a diverse and interesting company to work for and will help you in setting your goals and objectives. Friendly people and lovely offices to work.
Pros
Gym
  1. Employee Reviews