State Street

State Street Employee Review

View all State Street reviews

Productive, helpful workplace environment. Multi-cultural peers. Great place to be introduced to the financial service industry in Lux
Client Relationship Management Associate (Former Employee) –  KirchbergJune 26, 2018
As a CRM Associate my typical day at work varied from week to week as I had an extensive role. My main responsibility was to report, support and aid my manager with administrative support such as preparing for the client meetings, being responsible for confidential contracts and documents, booking trips and taking charge over the trip finances. In addition I supported the head of the CRM Team as well as the assistance with weekly logs and HR related projects. Furthermore I also supported the CRM managers with their contracts in respective of their clients.

During my time with CRM it was my introduction to the banking scene as well as the financial industry and the large corporation culture in respective to the structure and operations. The specifics of what I learned were the likes of the internal functionality and fluidity of departments integrating with each other in order to accomplish their corporate goals of sealing the big deals. It was interesting to see how time management and communication were vital tools to successfully manage daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals for the bank. In addition there were also the daily opportunities of me learning from my peers and superiors, where they took their time to go through their job titles, responsibilities and processes as well as guiding me through the programs/tools that were being utilized.

I was lucky to work in two great teams with two different team dynamics where I got a daily dosage of learning about the company, industry and corporate culture and functions. There's a great sense of multi-cultural social
  more... bonding as well in the working environment. Throughout the building there was a sense of friendliness, open dialogue and guidance for those new and old at company.

The hardest part of the job in which I successfully overcame was getting the managers' attention during the weekly routine of getting desk to desk updates on the stages they were in their contract talks with the clients so that I could report this to the head of the team.

In contrast, the most enjoyable part of the job was the flexibility that came along with the job title such as the 8-5 or 9-6 schedule as well as flexibility of lunch and coffee breaks. It allowed me to curate my day to day goals on my terms and alter them without a hesitation to those I worked closely with if we were working on a tight deadline or big project. In addition I appreciated the positive feedback, reinforcement and guidance that was there for me from every member of the CRM Team. My experience at the company certainly made me grow as an young man, individual and someone planting his feet in the financial services and banking industry.
Pros
friendly and helpful peers, meal vouchers, cinema discounted tickets, healthcare and insurance
Cons
Stressful environment, below average IT support

Other State Street Employee Reviews

Juste pour ce faire la main
Employé (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgMarch 4, 2019
Pour une première expérience. Salaire bas. Peu d évolution.
Lieu de travail
Comptable de fonds (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgJanuary 8, 2019
Le cadre de travail n'est pas agréable du tout. Les bureaux sont mal agencés, peu d'espace personnel et un bruit de fond constant due au manque de place (surpopulation). Le matériel (bureaux-chaises-armoires) est vétuste et le matériel informatique d'une autre époque.
Pros
Jours de congé
Cons
Heures supplémentaires

Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.

State Street Reviews by Location