State Street
Coronavirus update
Information from State Street:

State Street Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,847 reviews
not too much pressure on a daily work.
very slow career advancement

very multi-ethnical

a lot of automatization in the daily tasks

good for a career start
Too much outsourcing No incentive to stay at jobs company has good home/ life balance which is essential now due to covid there is no job security
If you're interested in working for a place where you're treated as a number, where your contributions aren't valued, where recruiting and retaining the best talent is an outdated philosophy, where management's priorities are on the bottom-line and not the betterment/development of their employees, where offshoring work/automation and layoffs have become the norm, then State Street is the place for you. Seriously, it's in your best interest to look elsewhere.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities, working with incompetent people, healthcare options
No opportunity to dig in and do a good job before the departments get shuffled around for seemingly no good reason. Very hard to reach contacts/get needed information because of constant changes.
Pros
Hard working co-workers.
Cons
Continuous outsourcing
My managers Mike Gilmore and Doug Mccrae were great guys, I was there as a contractor, a programmer coding in VB and SQL Server when the company was Investors Bank and Trust, 2006
It's a revolving door. Some survive. If you like it, you might love it. Most hate it. It felt like we were hiding wealth for the super rich. Management was hostile and self-serving.
Pros
Lots of travel.
Cons
Poor management team
1 Good environment for work
2 Work life balance with flexiable 3 working hours

4 Stable environment

5 Friendly and helpful working environment

6 Good medical
During my time at State Street, it became very clear why there is a high turnover. In the Atlanta office, there is a fair amount of racism from management and that says enough. Most of my african american colleagues left, and those that left that were not african american, also were unhappy with the lack of work life balance.
Running my team from a branch was a good experience as I did not have to deal with all the politics that come with working for such a large firm. I was able to motivate my team and keep very close relationships with my clients.
Good place for freshers, but again it depends that you are part of which team and process. Perks and benefits are also descent and at par with other companies
Pros
Cab Allowance, Sodexo
Cons
Not as such.. Totally depends on team
July 27, 2020
Thank you for your review!
I am glad to know that you find our organization a good place to start a career with.

We keep improving our programs to unify the experience across the organization and to make it equally valuable and pleasant.

Andriy Kerez, University Relations Manager
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Street?
In the heart of Edinburgh, great place to work and easy to get to, great team of skilled and semiskilled workers , the office is beautiful and management support is exelent
July 27, 2020
Thank you for your positive review of working in our Edinburgh office. We always strive to have our offices in central locations, with easy access to amenities.
It is also great to know that your work was interesting and you value the connections that you have made, both with team members and managers.

We wish you good luck with your career!

Anna, Global Human Resources
My review on state street is 4 out of 5, I would prefer again to go back to work over there. well structured and streamlined when coming to the projects.

very professional environment and competitive
The company must improve diversity culture.
The manager must listen the new employees as well, not the old ones there only. Please apply open conversation for changing and improving process.
I had a great time working at State Street. The location is great and overall organization culture was very inviting. The work culture was relaxed and provided learning opportunities.
July 27, 2020
Thank you for sharing your review. It is wonderful to know that you had a great time working with us. Creating an inclusive work culture and providing learning opportunities and resources are top priorities for us, so your positive feedback is appreciated!
– Sara, Senior Associate, Finance
This a perfect organisation for the freshers. SS pays good. There's less work life balance against whatever one being paid. Some of the managers are pathetic.
Pros
Sodexo, Medical Insurance, Both way cab
Cons
Horrible Managers, No work life balance, Technology is not that advance
They can do.much better. They are still evolving even after 225 years old firm. Many roles are still not structured and still don't seem to be welcoming for new joineers with experience
I had a good learning experience . I feel fortunate to work in one of the best teams here. Since I had interest in accounts and finance I worked in the similar field.
Pros
Coordination among team members
Cons
Time management
July 27, 2020
Thank you for your review. As you mentioned, for a person interested in finance, we are one of the best companies to start and develop one’s career. We have more than 200 years of experience, serve biggest institutional clients and are at the forefront of change. It is great to know that you are able to take advantage of that and build your learning experience. Development can by achieved both through practical participation in tasks (like job shadowing) and also through our wealth of learning programs.
Good luck with your career with us!

Anna, Talent Acquistiion Manager
Mauvais conditions en tant que contractuel. Mauvais salaire et pas de congés disponibles en un an.
Pros
Équipe est agréable
Cons
Salaire
The team I worked with was great however management was often times too busy to recognize the accomplishments of the staff. At times, challenging work schedules due to limited staffing and no more hiring. Many staff were wearing multiple hats for many months which was not fair to those already overworked.
Pros
Cons
limiting on employee recognition for our department and no or low raises, if available.
July 27, 2020
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed working with your team here at State Street. Having a strong and collaborative team environment is something we always strive for. During tougher work environments, a well-built team culture can make all the difference. As you take on more responsibilities, I would encourage you to talk with your manager and express your opinions. We have recently revamped the management review process to make communication more frequent. This further solidifies our company’s culture and helps address concerns and recognize our colleagues’ efforts as we navigate the ever-changing market landscape.
-Ian, Finance
Nice place,
nice people,

vanilla bank,

Boston Head quartered,

mix of Buy side and Sell side offering,

high turnover of staff in some areas,

budget constraints
It's depends on your manager and team mates. But people coming from different states getting issue with use to them in terms of understanding and explaining the things.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.