State Street
Coronavirus update
Information from State Street:

State Street Employee Reviews

Luxembourg22 reviews
not too much pressure on a daily work.
very slow career advancement

very multi-ethnical

a lot of automatization in the daily tasks

good for a career start
Pour une première expérience. Salaire bas. Peu d évolution.
Le cadre de travail n'est pas agréable du tout. Les bureaux sont mal agencés, peu d'espace personnel et un bruit de fond constant due au manque de place (surpopulation). Le matériel (bureaux-chaises-armoires) est vétuste et le matériel informatique d'une autre époque.
Pros
Jours de congé
Cons
Heures supplémentaires
I met a lot of interesting people whithin the firm but I regret the lack of company culture and the absence of internal structure.
It is very difficult to receive training because they have not the time nor the capacity to provide it. Therefore, it is difficult to cope with the high volume of work and the daily pressure
I have worked a few times at State Street and find the culture and people have a fantastic spirit.

Exciting environment looking to break barriers and delivery dfocused
Good workplace to start your career, not for advancement.
Also avoid operations positions as work/life balance is not respected.

This review concerns the Luxembourgish part.
gostei da experiencia, penso que é uma boa porta de entrada para o mundo dos bancos no luxemburgo.
o ambiente é muito mau, as pessoas sao muito antipaticas
As a CRM Associate my typical day at work varied from week to week as I had an extensive role. My main responsibility was to report, support and aid my manager with administrative support such as preparing for the client meetings, being responsible for confidential contracts and documents, booking trips and taking charge over the trip finances. In addition I supported the head of the CRM Team as well as the assistance with weekly logs and HR related projects. Furthermore I also supported the CRM managers with their contracts in respective of their clients.

During my time with CRM it was my introduction to the banking scene as well as the financial industry and the large corporation culture in respective to the structure and operations. The specifics of what I learned were the likes of the internal functionality and fluidity of departments integrating with each other in order to accomplish their corporate goals of sealing the big deals. It was interesting to see how time management and communication were vital tools to successfully manage daily, weekly, monthly and annual goals for the bank. In addition there were also the daily opportunities of me learning from my peers and superiors, where they took their time to go through their job titles, responsibilities and processes as well as guiding me through the programs/tools that were being utilized.

I was lucky to work in two great teams with two different team dynamics where I got a daily dosage of learning about the company, industry and corporate culture and functions. There's a great sense of multi-cultural social
 - more...
Pros
friendly and helpful peers, meal vouchers, cinema discounted tickets, healthcare and insurance
Cons
Stressful environment, below average IT support
great atmosphere to work in. Senior management are always accessible and happy to speak to you. Career progression is managed well and employees are always encouraged to speak up.
Benefits packages are competitive and the company offer relocation benefits and encourage cross location changes for people
Pros
cheque repas, good holiday allocation
Cons
promotion in some offices is not possible despite performance
duzy stres, słaba kultura pracy, brak działania w grupie
Great company. Great People. Always a leader in the industry. I enjoyed working there very much. I worked both in the US and in Europe. I was moved from Boston to Luxembourg in 2010, and worked across the EMEA operating model in Luxembourg, Germany, UK, Ireland, Poland, and Italy.
Préparation d'une formation interne ''Liquidity Risk'' (Présentation en anglais sous forme de PowerPoint) et travaux administratifs ; Environnement de travail agréable
Full training is given to all employees who start at SSB.
Every one has equal opportunities and is advised to keep up with internal and external cources
State Street is an excellent company and is able to adapt itself to new circumstances and challenging market environments. Very professional working environment.
Pros
Known company. Good brand.
Interesting business
High international environment

not respecting work life balance

Low possibility to progress

Good training environment

High technical professionals
As an introduction to Client Services, a reasonable level of training and oversight of the Fund Accounting environment was provided.
Pros
Training
Cons
Learnig day a day about the fund industry, enviroment and regulation. Direct involvent with the financial and administrative aspect about fund administration.
A great company to work at, fast paced environment with a large amount of work for a rewarding experience.
dynamic, productive and challenging place to work. Very good for ambitious profiles
The past few months I have been involved in a project to design and implement a cross functional Target Operating Model that links deliverables to brand objectives, aligns business strategy with corporate goals, improves financial return, standardizes jurisdictions and provides solid MIs. This has been my first (and hopefully not last) taste of the project environment. I have found this endeavor challenging and rewarding. This atmosphere is not for everyone, three steps forward requires two steps back. The constantly changing nature of the job is exhilarating for me.
- Positive day
- Good team

- Experienced co-workers

- Hard to do all tasks at the same time

- Success in fitting time-schedule

- The most enjoyable part of the job was to work internationally and with experienced people
Pros
experienced co-workers & international side of the bank
Cons
lack of organization
Ask a question about working or interviewing at State Street. Our community is ready to answer.
State Street Reviews by Location