RSM

RSM Employee Reviews

nice place to work

not big 4 and wouldn't be for a long time grow up too fast by M&A so no system

Pros

market recognition

Cons

not employee friendly

Good if you fit in

When I joined the company I was excited due to the prospects then it quickly changed, they have an ethos of grow their own (that is if your face fits) My line manager kept moving the goalposts at appraisal times to prevent promotion which is also the only way to get a pay rise (not had one in three years) My directorate recruited non qualified/new qualified staff in higher positions than qualified and experienced staff that have given time and loyalty making it difficult to want to stay and go somewhere where your appreciated. Having said that they are not all the same, got amazing secondment opportunity assisting a different directorate so much so I am seriously thinking about a transfer to said directorate.

Tax Staff

Overrall good experience, have learned a lot of things I would normally not see as a Tax Staff in small firms. The hardest part of the job is organizing the Time Report.

Good company overall. Pay is fair, remote work available, encourages growth, no micromanage. I'm not too fond of the job itself, but stick with it because the company is good.

Pros

Work from home

Great place to work!

I came to RSM through a temp agency, and greatly enjoyed my time here. Management is great, people are friendly and lunch is brought in for employees from time to time. I would definitely recommend RSM as a great place to work.

Great company

Good work life balance for consulting job. Lot of powerpoints but fun to jump from different clients in different industries. Also management know what they're doing

It is a job.

It is nice to work from home, but trying to advance or switch to a different schedule is extremely hard.Metrics are a major drive for this company and the watch it closely.

Learn more than you realize, busy season sucks

Learned a good amount at the job, get experience working with lots of people, switch jobs and bosses a lot and they all vary a lot from tougher to work with and easier. 8 months of the year is laid back but the 4 months of busy not much work life balance

Pros

Free lunches in the office, mostly friendly environment

Cons

Benefits aren’t the best

Environnement de travail agréable

RSM est un cabinet très formateur pour les personnes qui veulent évoluer je conseille vivement

Company-wide burnout culture & management

The company culture RSM has built benefits its upper management team excessively, and brings little to no real value to any other employees or clients. It's a company that preaches care and collaboration, but in reality, expects its employees to take on extremely high workloads alone, and will be quick to criticize any mistake or lack of knowledge. There is no real method of integrating new employees or transitioning responsibilities. Management ranges from breathing down your neck to being non-existent and useless, employees are usually kept to themselves and do not have any sort of positive attitude, and clients have free reign to treat the project team however negatively they like. Want to advance in the company? Good luck making it more than 2 years before either getting burned out or stuck in your role that is already paying below market value. If you want to learn fast and don't mind being treated like a grunt, it's a fine place to make a paycheck. But look elsewhere if you want to have any enjoyment in your career.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at RSM?

Poor Management

Upper management does not care about people underneath them. They aren't interested in grooming or training people to grow with the company. No communication from management on job performance.

Pros

Good pay and good experience

Cons

Management doesn't care about you. There is no transparency or communication about job performance.

This is the worst company I have ever worked for.

Upper management at this place is the worst I've run across at any of the firms I have ever worked from I would recommend this company to no one. This is a white collar sweat shop.

Pros

Non

Cons

Make a list of any negatives you can think of and I'm 100 percent certain it would be on your list

Meh workplace

Overtime is required, most time you are expected to stay from 9 am till 8 or 9 pm. There is lack of appreciation. Most of all training is iffy. They expect you to remember everything that's taught after one session.

Molto professionali

Molto professionali e colleghi disponibili, superiori estremamente competenti. Orari di lavoro adeguati e ottima location

Good colleagues

Nice place to be, some managers can be iffy. Training contract puts too much pressure on young joiners, shouldn't be so stink or swim. Can be good for certain joiners.

Okay - you get what you put in but the work is stressful

Overall, RSM is a fine place to work. As a developer, the work can definitely be stressful when things go wrong in Production. There are a lot of learning opportunities, and the company likes to hire from within, so if you aren't happy with your job, you can always move to a different team. There isn't a lot of work-life balance, but maybe this depends on the job as I know some people that work only 8 hours and go home.

Pros

Nice people, great buildings, lots of free classes in whatever you want

Cons

No breaks, healthcare is just okay, not too much work-life balance

Great company to work for

RSM treats their employees very well and has great work/life balance. I am very grateful for my time at this company, this was my first job out of college and I was able to keep it even during COVID. The management is awesome and company culture is great.

Pros

Free lunches during busy season

Cons

No clear sense of direction

Fun working company. Organises out of work social events

An excellent company to work for very friendly and family oriented. I worked here for 30 years before I retired. I was employed as front of house Reception along with a team of receptionist.

Pros

Free lunches for staff meetings

Cons

Long hours when needed but time off when needed

Terrible Culture

RSM wins engagements from the Big Four by offering cheap/discounted services to clients. In return, the Partners pay the employees very little but don't take a pay cut themselves. Very toxic culture that leads to high turnover.

Flexible hours, but no professional development AT ALL.

I work in their NYC office. I learned a lot during the first year, but during my second and third year I was ignored. They hype up professional development and make you set goals once you start. Then, as you continue and continue to seek feedback, nobody is there to help you. They are too preoccupied with their current work and have no willingness to help. RSM has flexible hours and work-life balance is surely on the upswing, but they lack a sound professional development culture.

Pros

Flexible hours, decent pay, expectations reasonable

Cons

No professional development, no path to senior leadership

Work from home

Job descibed in interview was much different than what it ended up being. Covid has changed the overall job. If you enjoy working isolated at home for long hours, this could be a job for you.

Pros

good pay

Cons

Long hours - WFH

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits
  • RSM
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?