KPMG

KPMG Employee Reviews

Luxembourg19 reviews

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,340 reviews

A good starting place as a first job but no incentive to stay

My department was severely understaffed for years, which means that newcomers don't get proper training because there's no time to teach during emergencies. There are way more managers than junior personnel. In my team juniors usually stayed for a maximum of 1 year before leaving, probably because of the heavy workload and bad attitude of managers.Outside of my department, there are a lot of good firm-wide initiatives but I don't know about the follow-through. In theory plenty of opportunities to learn through online workshops and trainings, or to socialize and have fun through organized events, but in reality you never have time to join them.

Pros

Lunch vouchers, Christmas gifts, good for CV

Cons

No work life balance, high stress, salary not competitive

Good career prospects but little room for autonomy

After x years you move up to next ‘level’ in career ladder - nice personally but often means those above you that you have to answer to, aren’t always the best at their jobs and that’s frustrating. Work hours will revolve around your teams, if they prefer to start late and work evenings, you will too. A lot of hierarchy - often the case that you won’t be able to ask questions to anyone but that person directly above you and then they refer it upwards if necessary. Therefore little credit for your work if often given to you but ultimately, a lot of the time, you are there for the name on your CV and the future prospects so it’s part of the deal

Pros

Future career prospects

Cons

Hierarchy and archaic ways of working

only idiots and infants working at that company

-We are treated as garbage from all other departments. -HR does not want to know anything of you. -IT is highly impolite -Colleagues were complete idiots and unable to work as a team, only focused on showing their own value and accomplishments. - In fact they did not share on purpose the procedures on how to plan resources for projects assignments. - And the customers assign to me were the ones that noone wanted to have. -I never saw any spirit of sharing knowledge, teaching, learning and cooperating so well-known in the big 4 environment. Basically an experience to remember!

Pros

KPMG beach

Cons

The teams, Hr, It

Bon environnement de travail

Globalement bon environnement de travail selon les equipes avec lesquelles nous travaillons.

IT Helpdesk intern

Only a student job for 1 month. Salary was good though for student job. Tasks not very interesting but that was what I expected as a student job.

Pros

KPMG Beach, Chèque repas

Cons

Not a lot of happy people in IT department back then

Fun workplace with a lot to learn

Working at KPMG is challenging but fun. You learn a lot if you are proactive and take responsibility and ownership over your files. Management is supportive.

Pros

Lunch vouchers

Cons

Work-life balance

First great experience

I did my internship at KPMG Luxembourg in the Corporate and Business tax department. My main task was the preparation of the CTR and the tools where principaly excel and outlook Dynamic and young atmosphere. I used to work 40hours/week, with extra hours when it needeed to.

KPMG was like a family

But now time to change and see other things and others ways of management And also find new challenges new goals new technicals ways to manage huge volume of data ...

great school after graduation

if you want to learn audit that's definitely the best address for you. very good staff development programme and positive culture all along. very good career opportunities

Pros

career opportunities

Cons

work/life balance

Apprentissage d'un nouveau métier

J'ai rejoins KPMG Luxembourg afin de réorienter ma carrière et pour apprendre de nouvelles choses. Travailler en Management Consulting m'a permis d''apprendre une nouvelle façon de travailler mais également de monter en compétence sur de nouveaux sujets propre à la gestion de projet : l'implémentation de software, l'animation de workshop, l'analyse et l'optimisation de processus opérationnel tout en gardant en tête le focus client. En terme de développement, j'ai pu passer des certifications et des formations afin de gagner en compétence que ce soit sur des "technical" ou des "soft skills". La seule contrainte au quotidien était de gérer les imprévus et les délais de livraison parfois très serrés.

Pros

Culture d'entreprise incroyable

Cons

Pas toujours la possibilité de choisir les missions que l'on souhaite

Great place to work but...

KPMG like any of the big four is a great place to start your career but you'll find yourself working about 50-55 hours a week in the first few years and this only increases over time. The pay is good and the working environment is good however, the office will become your home.

Pros

Salary, benefits, working for a market leading organisation

Cons

Amazing workplace and productive environment

Place to gain in knowledge. Hard to have a work/life balance. Good employees' benefits. Young people the majority of the employees. Excellent workplace.

Productive and Prestigious Firm

Great place to work. Good ethical and work culture. Inclusive environment and multicultural awareness. Critical thinking required and demanding work hours.

Pros

Learning and development opportunities as well as personal and professional growth guaranteed.

Cons

Work hours can be quite demanding.

Hard times

Interesting clients, some colleagues are treating you very good, but management is not really willing to negotiate and to improve the working atmosphere.

Good experience

KPMG Luxembourg is a nice place to work and learn. Job tasks are diversified and interesting. It includes compliance and advisory international fiscal matters.

Environnement de travail agréable

Un travail de 8 heures par jour, avec une pause de midi qui dure une heure, un travail fait en équipe (d'étudiants), mais lorsqu'il nous fallait de l'aide supplémentaire, les employés de la société nous aidaient volontiers. Ce qui m'a le plus plu est le travail en équipe, et ce en gardant le sérieux de tout employé. Je suis quelqu'un de motivé, je travaille rapidement et minutieusement. Ce qui m'a le moins plus dans ce job étudiant est que celui-ci n'a aucun rapport avec mes centres d'intérêts, mais ma motivation était tout autant présente.

Pros

Travail en équipe très agréable, reconnaissance du travail effectué par l'équipe

Cons

Travail peu enrichissant

N/a

I was able to gain a lot of exposure during my time at KPMG. I worked on several different engagements with many different clients. All the teams I have worked with have all been very friendly and I really enjoyed the work culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the "light at the end of the tunnel" when projects came to an end. At the same time, it also felt good being able to render your service to the clients and to be able to add value to their businesses.

Pros

The team, support from my peers, dynamic work-culture, constant learning

Cons

Long work hours

Journée de travail typique

Journée de travail typique rythmée en fonction des deadlines de rapports à terminer et à envoyer au(x) client(s). Gestion du stress et travail sous pression à maîtriser. Capacité à gérer diverses tâches au même moment. Utilisation de l'anglais de façon quotidienne avec les équipes ou les clients.

productive and efficient work place with certain perspectives

A typical day at work consists of giving high-end tax advice to multinational groups. That is indeed what I have learned at KPMG Luxembourg, i.e. to deal with highly sophisticated tax structures within a very short time frame. The management is very skilled and always willing to support, if necessary. Nevertheless, the work can be done rather autonomously, what I highly appreciate. The co-workers are very skilled and always like a good colleague.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KPMG. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits