Koch Industries

Koch Industries Employee Reviews

poste de travail securisé

Bonne organisation des des postes de travail ateliers chauffé et isolé

Pros

vestiaire, et sanitaire tres propres

Good pay and a great schedule

Bad management, only move up if your friends with the higher managers good pay and great vacation/schedule If you don’t make friends with management your not moving up

Pros

Good pay, good benefits

Cons

Bad management, must know someone to move up

Okay Stepping Stone

They have mostly outsourced my former role, which probably impacted how employees were treated. EVERYTHING to Koch is about the bottom line and if you or your department isn't meeting it, they will pursue alternatives. I was able to gain experience and perform at the top of my team, but it was a very meat-grinder-esque atmosphere, and my jobs since then have been better tenfold. Management was straight awful most of the time, ignoring productivity for favoritism and micromanagement. Most were not capable of doing the jobs below them. You were a cog in a wheel.

Pros

Coworkers helped the time go by

Cons

Management, Cog in the wheel, Micro-Managed, Limited Flexibility

Great coworkers and atmosphere; Culture out of date

The culture at Koch Industries is very supportive for both front line employees as well as most levels of management. Employee growth and development is fairly important to maintain for all employees, and such a large organization can offer areas for advancement. In IT specifically, there is a lot of work due to global support and staffing usually falling short of what is needed, but employees are typically given a good amount of flexibility for work life balance. Pay in my opinion can sometimes fall a bit short of market, but benefits are generally very good. My only big con is that higher level management feels very old school. They want to see employees in the office at a time where a lot of employees want greater remote work flexibility. Touting pizza parties and donut days as legitimate ways to bring people back in..

Pros

Employee Development, Benefits

Cons

Pay, Workplace Flexibility

Loud and wet environment, not comfortable.

Management is nonexistent. The work is dirty and it is either warm or hot. I was a Chemical Operator for 2 years. No increase in pay. Lots of stuff to remember but after a couple of months it becomes second nature. No eating, phone or happiness on the warehouse floor. Everything is repetitive and there isn’t enough to keep you busy or interested.

Pros

Twelve hour days mean three day week or four so you have nice days off.

Cons

Nothing special ever!

Racism

Kosh membrane system is a bad place for people to work it doesn't matter how good you are you will never get promoted specifically if you are a person of coler.

Pros

Hr for lunch

Cons

2 hrs

Boring busy work

I worked at Koch-Glitsch production line producing parts for mist eliminator trays. Spent a lot of time with no work to do in which people would still try to look busy but not do anything. It was not uncommon to see every stall in the bathroom busy with people sitting in there on their phones for hours at a time.There’s definitely favoritism by management. The favorites get away with murder and sit with supervisors while other people work. Very clicky.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

Short breaks, trying to look busy when there is nothing to do, long hrs, poor management, lack or organization.

Production

Coworkers were great. Management thought they knew everything, but most had never worked anywhere else, and only knew “how they always did it..”, they never listened to the operator’s suggestions, and were nothing but condescending. Non-environmentally controlled, so it was hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Long hrs. Could have been so much better with different management.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Seems like a good company but they use a lot of interns and short term help

Company has good mission to help w environmental concerns. People are mostly nice but some want more done for them even though they hold Engineer title. It should be communicated to the employee if they are being asked to do work of a project manager. The overall atmosphere is good. Seem to want to promote people but don't communicate well in order for you to know their expectations. Company should focus on long term employment and less on short term contract employment. Surely keeping people as long term employees would be more beneficial to the business as well as create a better atmosphere of inclusion and team building. Its a good organization that could use some lessons in team building and focus on benefits for staying long term.

Pros

work environment

Cons

unclear expectations, few long term employees (mostly interns & contract employees)

It depends who your manager is

This company can be a great company to work for, depending who your supervisor is and if they are true to the culture there. As you are promoted and have new managers through your progressions, you may find out some managers are willing to seek to understand different thought processes or opinions whereas there are still some that will let their newly promoted employees go due to the slightest disagreement.If accepting a job here, just like with many large companies, there are politics and coworkers that try and take credit for your work.

Pros

Some managers were great when they were true to the Koch Culture

Cons

Politics, backstabbing

Learmed a lot, but no work life balance

Learned a lot from talented co workers.Competitive pay, but as duties increased saw a decline in work life balanceOpinionated cultureSuccess highly dependent on manager

Good company, good benefits

As with all jobs, your experience will depend greatly upon your manager. I had great, fair and poor managers during my time there. I enjoyed the work and my coworkers. Their benefits package and employee perks are great.

Fast paced always busy nonstop production

Very hot and dirty working conditions very old machinery and very strict rules..can be a miserable place to work. But a positive attitude is a must to keep your sanity

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work your life away

Great company to work for!

Everyone is pretty helpful there especially because often times you work as a team. Good work environment and you work at your own pace. Good management and personal.

Pros

Full benefits, good pay, mist fans

Cons

The Texas heat

Great Place

Rewarding place to work. Everyone is professionsl to work with, they value their employees as people. Pay is really good and benefits are great. Would recommend.

Benefits

Cons

Oil related

Nice people

People at Koch were nice, MBM training was interesting. They seek innovative employees and make explicit efforts in that direction.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

People who supervised me seem to appreciate extroverted people more, so hard times for introverts.

This is a great company, management and trainers takes away from greatness

Koch overall is a great company with great benefits and pay. The management team and trainers made it difficult for me. You're expected to catch on quickly and your work will be evaluated almost daily to catch any possible errors. If you're struggling there is plan to assist you, You're told that the learning curve is generous, but you will feel the pressure to learn it quickly. There were comparisons between trainees which can border on the line of favoritism.

May 27, 2021
Hello, this is Cali from Talent Solutions. Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. Please know that I have read your concerns and will be sharing your experience with the appropriate leadership team. Thank you again.

Great place to learn and grow.

Koch is a great place to start a career or move into mid or late career. If you're willing to relocate you have almost endless possibilities to advance in the company. If you're fortunate enough to get the right manager that truly understands MBM then the sky's the limit for you in Koch industries. I miss Koch.

Pros

Mbm

Depends on your supervisor

I LOVED my job at Koch, but I had a great supervisor. Good pay and benefits. Good atmosphere. Flexible - if you need time off you can take it. Hope to work there again!

Pros

Autonomy, training

Cons

Mismanagement/ ran by a clique

You have an ability to learn to weld a wide range of alloys/ materials. Alot of high skilled work but they refuse to pay high skilled wages. Anyone who's been here over 2 years is not very happy. Prints constantly have issues or discrepancies that they refuse to deal with. Very much a company that hides behind the Koch name but can't live up to it. This shop could be something fantastic if leaders could get over themselves long enough to get out of the way. Employee turn over is high. Every year worth while welders cycle out and you are left with the bitter and disgruntled. They prefer the young and fresh out of weld schools for a reason. Sure the benefits are pretty good. 3 weeks of vacation and some sick time, that's Kochs standard which the leaders of koch-glitsch fought against.

Pros

Wide range of alloys and materials to learn on

Cons

Bad management

May 10, 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for all your hard work at our Wichita facility. We are always looking for ways to improve our employee experience, and we value your feedback. Please know I’ve shared this with the appropriate leadership team. I also encourage you to share your concerns with your HR contact. Wishing you the best, Cali from Talent Solutions

You are nothing to this company except their billing

on a slow week you could expect to work about 70 hours more often you would work 80 to 90 hours a week and way too often 110 hours a week they do pay overtime based on you salaried 40 hour work week but only your hourly pay for that salaried 40 hour week so if your salary was $800 a week your overtime pay was just $20. You spend about 6 nights a week in a hotel and that may only be for a couple hours at a time

Pros

company pays expenses

Cons

their are no breaks, no overtime pay, very long days, no personal life

May 11, 2021
Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are on a journey of continuous improvement and appreciate your feedback. We value our workforce and recognize the importance of work life balance, especially during these times. Please know that I will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate leadership team. All the best - Liz from Talent Solutions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koch Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Koch Industries
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?