IBM

IBM Employee Reviews for Consultant

Consultant152 reviews

Found 152 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,567 reviews

Great place to work if you enjoy travel.

Working for IBM was the best. I was working on different projects and traveling to different places each week. I meet some great people at IBM. The hardest part of the job is when you first start it's difficult to get placed on a project because you don't know anybody and you haven't had an opportunity to prove yourself. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing something different and learning everyday.

Good work life balance

- Good organization with work life balance - Need to identify the right dedicated resource, rather than keeping a lot of Management/Leadership people who would only do people management - Pay package compensation needed to be as per industry standard for the Software Engineers/Consultants and without being location biased

Pros

Work from home facility

Can be fast paced and challenging or slow and smooth

I worked days and nights for IBM and there can be days with steady down time and with actual work being balanced into the mix. Management was not on site everyday, but when they are, it doesn't feel like they wanted to truly bond with their employees. As if, when they let you go, they won't feel any sort of remorse. Working nights was a difficult transition and did not come with any bonus of pay for me being forced into that role. I was not happy about it, but I continued to do my job until my contract was up. We were also transitioning our workload overseas to India, where I engaged in training the staff on that end as well. The enjoyable parts of the job, I guess were the hectic and stressful times, because it provided a challenge outside of the normal day to day events. My biggest takeaway from this job is learning about how big business corporations work and how the management/employee relationship works.

Unnecessarily Stressful Work Environment

IBM provides a nice salary and benefits, however, you're just a body to management. Once they're done with you, they throw you away. You have to go find a new job very quickly.

Pros

Salary, Benefits

Cons

Unnecessarily stressful, poor management, constantly changing and no communication

Good company, good work culture, need to improve on compensation. Managers are posted at different locations, chances are that you never get to meet them face to face.

Good Work/Life Balance

Once you enter the company, increment is low almost negligible. Company provides good job work and Life balance. Scope of learning is good but career progression is low .

Toxic work environment at a company in decline with clueless upper management

Toxic work environment at a company in decline with clueless upper management. Strategic Initiatives which were supposed to set the company up for a great future are not working as planned. Legacy revenue is eroding due to lower cost competition. Future looks dim....

horrible work environment

You are treated as a resource, not a person. There is no work/life balance. I am owed money for work that was done. Management is clueless and only concerned with the client; you don't matter as a person.

Remote opportunity but little advancement, non-motivating culture

IBM is just okay. Honestly, the culture and lack of advancement is hindering. There's little to no training offered, or at least meaningful training to your position and hard skills. There are constant re-orgs that could really affect your ability to grow with the company and at times there is a condescending view of the younger, Millenials that are just trying to make an impact.

Pros

Work-life balance, laid back culture

Cons

Lack of development/training, struggling company

The best part of the job is what i love i work for

Its an amazing experience to work with IBM .Always wanted to work with IBM

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

not a good pay master

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IBM?

Offers good work life balance and is Employee friendly

Has the flexibility to work remotely and maintain good work life balance. However, sometimes it might be difficult to get in touch with managers and receive their feedback on the work done.

Productive workplace

Day to day work culture is good compare to other company. You can learn a lot with IBM. Management is good but some time confused how to run big project. Management is not that much aggressive like Indian based MNCs. Workplace culture is more relaxing based on timelines. Big company to get proper role to justify you ability sometime is difficult Job security is not that great, people may fired if on bench for a month or if performance evaluations are low. Many parties for socializing for the account

Pros

Flexibility towards work

Cons

Poor increment

Large innovative company that restlessly reinvents

The company is regularly looking for ways to stay ahead of the market. High performing culture with winds behind the sails of our current transformation.

An environment of talented and interesting people

It is an environment of talented and interesting people. Almost every new person has something different to learn from. Like a rainbow, lots of diversity and cultures.

Cutting-edge technology and interesting work environment

Had the chance to work on IBM Watson in Sao Paulo, Brazil. IBM did a great job at accommodation and supporting throughout the project. I learned a great deal about the Brazilian culture as well as the political environment.

Changing dynamics within the company.

Once an employee centric company now a profit margin based company. High profile company laser focused on profitability and reduction of expense. It does provide exceptional employee education.

Pros

Teammates

Cons

Job security

Fun workplace with womderful work and persinal life balance

Really enjoyed working with IBM with all the flexibility and encouragement provided by the company . Excellent work life balance. A lot to learn with the technologies coming up each day and ibm is well updated with the surrounding developments along with creating technological wonders by the day

Lots of outsourcing

lot's of real world experience with a wide variety of customers with various challenges. Wide ranging mix of technologies both old and new. great place

Productive anf Fun Place to Work

Its productive and fun place to work. Good Management. The best thing in IBM is work from home facility which helps in balancing the work and life. The only problem here is the salary hike.

Professional Evironment

Professional environment to expose to greater heights in your career. Progress is slow and benefits are just satisfactory. Work life balance is good for all.

Pros

Professional Evironment

Benefits

Great Work ethics, No micro management

Great Work ethics, No micro management, freedom to own & execute tasks making an individual feel much more responsible & accountable.They have very good clients in all technology.

Pros

Great Work ethics, No micro management

Cons

Salary could be looked at as an Opportunity area

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits