Deutsche Bank

Deutsche Bank Employee Reviews

Showing all 3,016 reviews

Good working atmosphere

Colleagues are supportive, and encourage you to speak up, open minded environment. Relatively traditional business operation model, more diversity can be injetced.

Pros

Cafeteria; flexible working hours

Cons

Technology support

Deutsche bank is a good place to work. I will recommend to anyone looking to work in a conducive work environment

Nice work place and team collaborative very goodThe bank is a nice place to work and one will learn so much The management is very supportive and always ready to help to move cases forward and complete in good time

Pros

Relaxed and stress free work place

Cons

Salary not adequate

Fun workplace with productive division of the tasks assigned to employees

The bank had some notable individuals in its staff in regards to great intrapersonal skills. However, the majority of the staff seemed very immature, as if the whole location was just another high school. Setting the massive amount of drama aside, DB can be a very fun and lax place to work, and the attendance incentive pay is always a plus.

Cons

Drama llamas

Gezellige werkomgeving

Altijd een leuke druk dag met vele leuke collega s jammer dat het nu inkrimpt.van hele gebouwen naar 1 etage.

Disrespectful and Apathetic Upper Management and Superiors

The work is very repetitive and there is little to no room for growth within this company. Company combines sick and vacation days and you only get about 10 days paid time off a year. Attendance bonus is difficult to obtain as calling out sick counts against you. Upper management and superiors are disrespectful and apathetic. I've worked here for almost 2 years and have never gotten a single pay raise. Little appreciation for the work you do. Health insurance benefits are severely lacking and expensive. Company doesn't compensate you for COVID shutdowns unless you use your paid time off.

Pros

overtime almost always available, easy work

Cons

disrespectful management, ridiculous bonus stipulations, no pay raises, toxic work environment, little to no room for advancement, high turnover

Dysfunctional

Dysfunctional place to work....too many operating committees, steering committees, a bunch of people that do nothing while a few do most of the work.

Pros

Great benefits like insurance, etc.

Cons

no work life balance

Honestly and truthfully, nothing stands out. It was a horrible career/ professional experience.

Consider and apply at any other financial industry company. The working culture and environment felt "Culty" and my experiences with managenent and Sr. Managenent were horrible. No career growth opportunities, my background, skillset and qualifications were seem as some sort of a treat vs., value add and the job turned out to actually be less and nothing like what the position described or what I was told during interviews.

Woke Company

Constant social justice pandering. Pointless meetings upon pointless meetings. Old and outdated documentation. Unnecessary calls to brag about new office spaces in New York that you will never step foot in. 1% raises. Uneven application of procedures and policies for senior management pet projects. Bi-Weekly Covid Testing, Daily Health Attestations, Mask Enforcement, and a Vaccination Registry.

Pros

Cons

Constant Propaganda, Low raises

An abundance of deliverables..

Overall it's a great place to work for young professionals with the options to be promoted. Long time workers have less options for upward mobility. Managers should provide more guidance for promotion.

Pros

Volunteer events and ERGs are great.

Cons

not enough staff

Poor Management

I worked here during the beginning of the pandemic so like many other employers, it was a new challenge to figure out. Especially with about 75 people working together. I worked as a file clerk during the graveyard hours which was not my original schedule. It was changed due to the pandemic. The job itself is very easy and you can bring your headphones. Everyone grabs a cart at the beginning of their shift. Sometimes I would spend 20 minutes looking for a cart because they never wanted to purchase more. Supplies are limited and I’d bring in my own stationary. They are a bank and should be giving their employees the tools to do their job. They hire anyone as long as you pass the background check. A lot of these people lacked education, manners and common sense. The leads have a bad attitude and are very clicky. They think they are managers but in reality, they are supposed to assist you. They got their position by staying there over a year.One major issue was during covid. If someone tested positive they cancelled work that night and it was unpaid. You could apply PTO if you had any. I ended up using all of my PTO due to so many covid cases. When I was in close contact with someone who tested positive, I had to take two weeks off and it was not paid for. HR is absolutely terrible and located in New York. One of the worst jobs I’ve ever had.

Cons

Poor management, poor HR dept, bad hours, no room for growth

Empresa anclada en el pasado

La mayor parte del trabajo es arreglar problemas de cliente. Porque la entidad en España tiene muchas carencias como BANCO. Esto supone una dificultad grandísima a la hora de cumplir labores comerciales. La mayoría de las veces el banco no ofrece solución concreta a los empleados. Con lo que “nos vamos buscando la vida” hasta llegar al compañero que sí sabe la solución. Insisto, ese es el 80% de trabajo de un día. Arreglar problemas. Sin embargo los comerciales, según directrices de la empresa, deben estar visitando y captando clientes y negocio. Lo cual es incompatible con la realidad de las oficinas. Mantener los clientes con los recursos que DB ofrece a los clientes lleva mucho tiempo y esfuerzo. Y a los clientes en potencia es muy difícil captarlos dada la competencia que hay hoy por hoy con respecto a la banca actual. Deutsche Bank esta a años luz de estar a la altura de cualquier banco de España con respecto a recursos para empleados y facilidades tecnológicas para clientes (la app es de la Edad Media, hay q usar 2 apps para operar)SUELDO: ridiculo para el nivel de exigencia si eres de nueva contratación. Y además hay una presión extra: no vas a estar seguro de q puedas continuar trabajando. Siempre bajo el yugo de que tú finiquito es asumible por la empresa.AMBIENTE LABORAL: viciado. En España es un banco pequeño. Todo el mundo conoce a todo el mundo. Y no son “muchos” empleados. Los que llevan más de 7/8 años ya están muy muy quemados.MAYOR DESVENTAJA: el banco no tiene la capacidad de trazar unos objetivos trimestrales “fijos”. Esto es: los tenemos como tal, PERO -

Pros

Algún descuento en seguro médico privado

Cons

Mal ambiente. Mal sueldo. Presión absurda (apagando fuegos siempre)

Pays well but stressful

Fairly simple job that requires little training, but the hours are terrible. There are opportunities to advance, but very little job security regardless of advancement. It does pay well for how easy of a job it is, but there is a lot of stress that comes along with advancing.

Pros

Pay, Easy work

Cons

Hours, Stress

Not forward thinking enough

They rely on outdated systems and the "old guard" to get things done. Any suggestions on how to improve processes are either rejected or ignored. Management had no idea how to lead the department they were in charge of and pretty much said they took the job because this area would be a no brainer to run.

Pros

Unlimited sick days

Cons

They way employee relations are dealt with.

Gute erste Arbeitserlebnis und positive Erfahrungsammlung

Als ersten Job in meinem Arbeitsleben, finde ich die Deutsche Bank eine erstklassige Chance für jeden Anfänger! Ich hatte die Möglichkeit, viel zu lernen und neue Kapazitäten aufzubauen! Das wichtigste war die Einführung ist Arbeitsleben!

Pros

Gute Zeiteinteilung, die mir das Studium ermöglichte!

Cons

Fast keine Zusatzleistungen

Would be better to work if the hours were better

Wouldn't recommend going into the world of Incident Management. The role started off pretty great and quickly went down hill. Hours and schedule change all the time. The work load can be absolutely unbearable. Pay is somewhat fair.

Pros

Benefits, 401K

Cons

Work/life balance

fine

it was fine - nothing exciting but gave me the experience i needed. i think it's changed since i left though - lots of departures across teams and low morale

Very Productive

Deutsche Bank has a good benefit package and nice people. The office location and pay is average. Parking is free, maybe because the office is located in Santa Ana.

Good work environment

Good work environment, culturally diverse and respectful, good management, reasonable work-life balance, eager to innovate, supportive of personal development.

Valoración positiva, pero nadie te regala nada, hay que ganarse el pan.

He aprendido todo lo que sé gracias a DB. Dejo un trabajo lleno de satisfacciones e ilusiones.

I really like the work culture and learnt tons via the opportunities provided and since teams are smaller compared to US banks. However, my experience was completely stifled by my immediate manager who failed to acknowledge my value. Even though I delivered on all fronts beyond the goals set for my role, my manager only pointed out the negatives, ignored key accomplishments, and failed to support me or threw me under the bus at every opportunity. Sadly, even though I love it here, I'm forced to look outside.

Pros

Good benefits and work culture

Cons

My manager ruined it for me

If you have NO life, this might be for you.

Management changes and CONTINUOUS process changes make this a difficult job. You work more hours than you have for your family or even yourself. You will work nights, you will work weekends, you will work holidays. There are no options!!You are lucky to even get a lunch! I started with a team of 10+ and left the team with 4. You will be overworked and your stress level will be high!!!Leaving was the best decision for me and my family and my health!!

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Long hours, weekend, holidays, NO life/work balance, high stress environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deutsche Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.1K