Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

I was responsible to review the accounting of the company and to perform the due diligence to the compliance files and the overall policies of the banks under audit in order to review the respect of them by the employees.
I used to work for this company in Luxembourg in a manager position. From the beginning, I sensed I was not very welcomed within the team, even though they seemed enthusiastic and really friendly and warm when I interviewed for the position. People tend to cluster according to their origin so be prepared not to have a lot of interaction with your colleagues unless work-related. There was no real training or job hand-over. One was expected to hit the ground running, even though some of us came from a different industry and had little to no experience in financial services. Before I accepted the position, I had a discussion with my senior and expressed my concern regarding the support they were willing to provide during the transition period and I was assured that they are prepared to offer their support in terms of coaching and advice. This never happened. You feel like you are permanently taking exams during the probation period. The benefits package was good - even though their own HR informed me they were slightly below the market. But I was able to support my family in Luxembourg so if you are clever about spending money you can do pretty well. This is by far the worse job I have ever had in the worse work environment I have ever encountered. As explaining the termination reasons is not mandatory during the probation period, they just set up a meeting and you are asked to leave as they do not need you anymore because you are not suitable for the position.
Pros
lunch vouchers, company car - with a corresponding deduction from the salary, life insurance, good canteens, even though I assume now everybody works from home
Cons
very little support for expats, hire and fire practices
I joined Deloitte after I graduated from University. It's a great place to start you professional career as you learn a lot, get the chance to progress fast and climb quickly on the career ladder.
Monotonous work with some strict management. Daily tasks seemed to be the same all the time and got alot of very boring jobs at the start which is expected in most jobs.
Le monde corporate à son paroxysme. Les annonces faites aux clients et public sont totalement en désaccord avec la réalité (exemple: on met l'accent sur l'innovation dans les communications aux clients mais le budget qui y est accordé est quasi inexistant). Augmentations et bonus nuls (0 €) pour une grande partie des employés, mais annonce publique deux semaines plus tard d'une augmentation du bénéfice de 11%. Si vous n'avez pas un poste de manager minimum, impossible de se faire entendre. Hypocrisie à tous les niveaux. Les positifs sont la sécurité de l'emploi et les avantages liés au package salarial (assurance complémentaire par exemple).
This a truly amazing company which considers the well-being of their employees on every level. The work load is tough but well recognised. I love this company...
Pros
Lunch vouchers, flex time
Cons
Not many I can think of
A lot of hours at work, but compensated with overtime paid and leaves (able to take 3 to 4 weeks holidays in a row for example). Some managers are not really fitting their positions.
Evolution et progression en interne rapidement possibles. Formations proposées intéressantes.
Pros
Evolution
Cons
Turnover
Helpful Kollegues. Nice working environment. You can learn very much.
Participation in investment funds audit engagements, • Audit engagement of Pioneer (Amundi)Funds, • Intensive training on “Investment Funds in Luxembourg”, • Assisting Financial Statements Quality control team • Learning the proper functioning of audit programs that are approved by the organization, • Carrying out audit documentation and preparing Long Form Reports for UCITS
Agressée des le 1 er jour par une gamine de 33 ans.j.ai signalé son comportement non professionnelle.on m.a mise au placard et viré pendant ma période d'essai.le feedback est juste un attrapée night fait tjrs dire que tout va pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes.
Pros
Fruits ts les jours parking et fitness
Cons
Ambiance de secte impossible devoluer avec une epee de damocles
I was working on an trainee internship for recruitment for Deloitte Luxembourg. It involved communicating with the various departments to find what type of people and skills they were looking for and then apply that to the potential future employees applying as well as head hunting from other business. Very nice work environment and culture.
Pros
very good communication
Cons
difficult to advance
Deloitte is a great workplace to work, with lots of opportunities and with fast career development. However, work life balance can be quite low sometimes.
My position at Deloitte has allowed me to learn and develop knowledge about various topics (UCITS notifications, AIFMD notification, fund administration, EEA and non-EEA regulatory requirements...) at the same time as give me the possibility to develop new skills (time management, pressure management, operational efficiency...). Deloitte offers the possibility to have lwork/life balance with a lot of flexibility around hours. It is a fast pace learning environment, with tight deadlines and pressure, which strengthens character. It is also an environment when progression and promotions are possible at a frequent pace when the employee shows motivation, self-development, high quality deliverable, team spirit and communication skills.
Pros
Very good benefits in kind, good team spirit, great first experience
Cons
administrative, redundant
Dynamic and interesting environment where you can meet nice and motivated people. There is always somebody there to help you and they organise monthly drinks.
After two years at Deloitte as an analyst within the Investment Management department, I have the feeling that I learned most of the job and want to find a new professional challenge.
Pros
Lunch vouchers, car, etc
Cons
Work/Life balance
Une expérience professionnelle peu agréable mais très enrichissante.
Pros
Les lieux, le stationnement
Cons
conditions de travail
I learned a lot about audit. This was my first jump from a junior administrative assistant to working for 2 partners. I learned to work in a very high paced environment and manage my stress.
Pros
Learning audit and how to work in a fast paced environment
Cons
No career advancement
Nice place to work. Very professional. They just should take care of the people working for them, accepting their need for challenges.
People and culture make Deloitte a great place to work. Each person is unique and valued for that and takes pride in his or her achievements and the success of others. The culture is about inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity. Right from the start, you will be part of a team serving a group of select member firm clients or making a difference on a business-critical internal project. And Deloitte offers access to opportunities that support your growth, develop your skills, and guide you to reach your goals. Life at Deloitte can also be very flexible. The days of one set path to career success are long over. You will have the flexibility and choice to customize and build the career and life you want. A variety of benefit programs and competitive compensation can offer the security you want for yourself and those important to you now and in the future.
Advising clients on acquisition structuring, income repatriation planning, leveraging acquisition vehicles and tax structuring of investment funds using both regulated and non-regulated entities with specific focus on holding, real estate, private equity and financing structures. Advising on intra-group (re-)-structuring of funds, focusing on international tax dealing with holding, financing and IP restructuring. Advising clients on the main international tax issues on the application of Double Tax Treaties and the latest developments on the BEPS actions.
  1. Employee Reviews