Deloitte

Deloitte Employee Reviews

Luxembourg28 reviews

Found 28 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,734 reviews

An intense work environment

The atmosphere at Deloitte has changed over the last few years, employees in the BSS section are asked to do more and more work and no plans are made to increase number of people despite increasing workload. There is little to no room for progression in this area, and the number of people leaving (and not being replaced) says it all.

Pros

Interesting package, good facilities, good location

Cons

No room for progression in BSS, lack of regard for overworked employees

Terrible Management - stressful workload

a typical day at work is very stressful, low pay, not so many benefits, non supportive management, lots of overtime hours, no development plans, no trainings, very slow progression.

Pros

the name

Cons

low pay, slow progress, limited learning

Worse work experience ever

I used to work for this company in Luxembourg in a manager position. From the beginning, I sensed I was not very welcomed within the team, even though they seemed enthusiastic and really friendly and warm when I interviewed for the position. People tend to cluster according to their origin so be prepared not to have a lot of interaction with your colleagues unless work-related. There was no real training or job hand-over. One was expected to hit the ground running, even though some of us came from a different industry and had little to no experience in financial services. Before I accepted the position, I had a discussion with my senior and expressed my concern regarding the support they were willing to provide during the transition period and I was assured that they are prepared to offer their support in terms of coaching and advice. This never happened. You feel like you are permanently taking exams during the probation period. The benefits package was good - even though their own HR informed me they were slightly below the market. But I was able to support my family in Luxembourg so if you are clever about spending money you can do pretty well. This is by far the worse job I have ever had in the worse work environment I have ever encountered. As explaining the termination reasons is not mandatory during the probation period, they just set up a meeting and you are asked to leave as they do not need you anymore because you are not suitable for the position.

Pros

lunch vouchers, company car - with a corresponding deduction from the salary, life insurance, good canteens, even though I assume now everybody works from home

Cons

very little support for expats, hire and fire practices

External auditor

I was responsible to review the accounting of the company and to perform the due diligence to the compliance files and the overall policies of the banks under audit in order to review the respect of them by the employees.

Nice place to start your career

I joined Deloitte after I graduated from University. It's a great place to start you professional career as you learn a lot, get the chance to progress fast and climb quickly on the career ladder.

Tough place to work

Monotonous work with some strict management. Daily tasks seemed to be the same all the time and got alot of very boring jobs at the start which is expected in most jobs.

Corporate land

Le monde corporate à son paroxysme. Les annonces faites aux clients et public sont totalement en désaccord avec la réalité (exemple: on met l'accent sur l'innovation dans les communications aux clients mais le budget qui y est accordé est quasi inexistant). Augmentations et bonus nuls (0 €) pour une grande partie des employés, mais annonce publique deux semaines plus tard d'une augmentation du bénéfice de 11%. Si vous n'avez pas un poste de manager minimum, impossible de se faire entendre. Hypocrisie à tous les niveaux. Les positifs sont la sécurité de l'emploi et les avantages liés au package salarial (assurance complémentaire par exemple).

Amazing company

This a truly amazing company which considers the well-being of their employees on every level. The work load is tough but well recognised. I love this company...

Pros

Lunch vouchers, flex time

Cons

Not many I can think of

Productive environment

A lot of hours at work, but compensated with overtime paid and leaves (able to take 3 to 4 weeks holidays in a row for example). Some managers are not really fitting their positions.

Bon environnement de travail, effort récompensé

Evolution et progression en interne rapidement possibles. Formations proposées intéressantes.

Pros

Evolution

Cons

Turnover

Effective working environment

Helpful Kollegues. Nice working environment. You can learn very much.

Auditing

Participation in investment funds audit engagements, • Audit engagement of Pioneer (Amundi)Funds, • Intensive training on “Investment Funds in Luxembourg”, • Assisting Financial Statements Quality control team • Learning the proper functioning of audit programs that are approved by the organization, • Carrying out audit documentation and preparing Long Form Reports for UCITS

Agressée des le 1 er jour

Agressée des le 1 er jour par une gamine de 33 ans.j.ai signalé son comportement non professionnelle.on m.a mise au placard et viré pendant ma période d'essai.le feedback est juste un attrapée night fait tjrs dire que tout va pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes.

Pros

Fruits ts les jours parking et fitness

Cons

Ambiance de secte impossible devoluer avec une epee de damocles

Recruitment

I was working on an trainee internship for recruitment for Deloitte Luxembourg. It involved communicating with the various departments to find what type of people and skills they were looking for and then apply that to the potential future employees applying as well as head hunting from other business. Very nice work environment and culture.

Pros

very good communication

Cons

difficult to advance

Great opportunities

Deloitte is a great workplace to work, with lots of opportunities and with fast career development. However, work life balance can be quite low sometimes.

Fast pace learning

My position at Deloitte has allowed me to learn and develop knowledge about various topics (UCITS notifications, AIFMD notification, fund administration, EEA and non-EEA regulatory requirements...) at the same time as give me the possibility to develop new skills (time management, pressure management, operational efficiency...). Deloitte offers the possibility to have lwork/life balance with a lot of flexibility around hours. It is a fast pace learning environment, with tight deadlines and pressure, which strengthens character. It is also an environment when progression and promotions are possible at a frequent pace when the employee shows motivation, self-development, high quality deliverable, team spirit and communication skills.

Pros

Very good benefits in kind, good team spirit, great first experience

Cons

administrative, redundant

Interesting work place

Dynamic and interesting environment where you can meet nice and motivated people. There is always somebody there to help you and they organise monthly drinks.

High turnover with young staff but high learning curve

After two years at Deloitte as an analyst within the Investment Management department, I have the feeling that I learned most of the job and want to find a new professional challenge.

Pros

Lunch vouchers, car, etc

Cons

Work/Life balance

Environnement de travail peu agréable dans le service occupé

Une expérience professionnelle peu agréable mais très enrichissante.

Pros

Les lieux, le stationnement

Cons

conditions de travail

Assistant to 2 partners in the audit field

I learned a lot about audit. This was my first jump from a junior administrative assistant to working for 2 partners. I learned to work in a very high paced environment and manage my stress.

Pros

Learning audit and how to work in a fast paced environment

Cons

No career advancement

Very good company

Nice place to work. Very professional. They just should take care of the people working for them, accepting their need for challenges.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deloitte. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits