Avery Dennison

Avery Dennison Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & Benefits

Found 287 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,061 reviews

Could be good but issues with some segments

This is -my- experience with a specific group and not necessarily a reflection on Avery Dennison software development groups in general.For my group, there was no source control of any type. Loss of code / work was rampant. A bit after a year into the job, the group started "using" the corporate GIT server. It did not help. Instead of updating, merging and then pushing their code, the normal procedure became to roll back changes in the branch then replace with their local code. Code loss increased as a result. The excuses given were that GIT was "too complicated", "too much work" and that they "never had to do this [before]". For my group, there were no code reviews of any type. A well know and widely used web based code review system was set up for the group but they refused to use the system or perform any code reviews of any type. Again, I heard the same excuses as given when trying to get the team to use source control.For my group, seniority and input on projects was almost exclusively based on length of employment with Avery Dennison. Actual technical expertise did not come into play very often. I watched things such as bug fixes get implemented, tested and deployed - only to be repeatedly rolled back by "senior" engineers without informing anyone. Trying to raise a red flag about the damage being done only led to being informed that the individuals in question were "well liked".During COVID many teams including my own went almost completely remote. That was good except some co-workers treated it as though it was a paid vacation. I personally found my -

Avery Dennison MEDICAL - Run.

This review is specifically for the medical device division of AD (not sure how my experience compares to the parent company). Long hours, extremely high turnover rate (some people stayed for only 3-6 months), low job security, severely understaffed & staff was overworked. Everything was chaotic/disorganized and communication from management was terrible. Compensation was okayyy but the full compensation package was definitely below average (very little vacation time, low 401k matching %, and annual bonuses didn't even keep up with inflation). Overall, I felt like this job drained me dry & spit me out. I would HIGHLY recommend to turn down any offer from this company

Attendance policy during a pandemic

Forced to use all vacation and sick time during pandemic. Had no idea about fmla intermediate which would have helped my attendance period. I was encouraged by the company to do it because I do like my job and would not want to lose it. I just wish hr or management would have had a conversation about it so it won't reflect on my performance or review. Great place to work nonetheless.

Pros

Coworkers teamwork pay overtime

Cons

Benefits too expensive attendance policies communication

môi trường trẻ, năng động, hay có các hoạt động giải trí và nhiều cuộc thi cho nhân viên

- làm việc giờ hành chính 8h -> 4h30- biết làm layout nhãn- cấp quản lý hòa đồng- văn hóa công ty cũng khá dễ- công việc rất tỉ mỉ, cẩn thận- điều thích thú ở công ty: môi trường trẻ, thoải mái

Pros

bữa trưa ngon, đãi ngộ tốt

Cons

tăng ca nhiều

engaging and energizing

Great place to work..opportunities for advancementthe company has locations all over the worldinternational assignments are available. Great place to work..

Pros

salary benefits, engaging environment

Cons

some confusion

environement de travail bruyant et chaud

en tan que cariste c'est d'approvisionner les machines de production en matière première et de stocker le produit en rayonnage

Pros

vêtements de travail fourni en plusieurs exemplaires et lavé

Cons

pas évident pour savoir prendre ces pauses, bruyant, manque de place de stockage régulier

Fun place.

Good pay and benefits. Free lunches. Holiday parties. Good raises. Overtime. Good people to work for. Management good. Production bonuses. Cold drinks in summer. Boot and shoe allowance.

Pros

Free lunch bonuses

Cons

Turnover is high

Money motivated

Very good pay rates for all positions and tenures. Double standards are the norm, with inconsistent application of policies between shifts and between hourly and salary employees. Open door policy to HR and upper management promotes backstabbing by the numerous petty employees.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Lacking communication, unscheduled OT, cult of personality vs. following corporate policy

Good company with advancement opportunities

Good people to work with. Pay is good with regular reviews and development goals. Offices and plants are very clean providing a very nice work environment. Team work and process improvement are essential skills to succeed at Avery Dennison and they offer training courses for their employees to become proficient in these areas.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Very good company to work for.

Overall the work-life benefits are well above average. 12 hour schedules are common, but you only work half of the days each month. Along with earned vacation time and up to 40 hours of sick pay. Compensation and benefits are above industry standards. Most of the work, in general, is not overly labor intensive, but keeps you busy. Management is fair with their expectations.

Pros

Work schedules with time off and good compensation.

Cons

12 hour days can get long if machines aren't running well.

Jobs at Avery Dennison

See more jobs

Esperienza orrenda e traumatica

Non posso purtroppo parlarne bene anche se quando lavoravo li mi ero abituata a quei ritmi alla competizione interna alle cattiverie, avevo trovato il mio spazio e mi facevo rispettare. Sono trascorsi così più di 5 anni finchè un maledetto giorno mi chiamano per dirmi che non mi avrebbero rinnovato il contratto. Non potevano più sfruttarmi!!! Mi hanno lasciata in mezzo alla strada da un giorno all'altro alla mia età e con debiti da pagare. Li ho odiati e sinceramente ora che ci penso li odio ancora. Ma se gli piaci , se sei giovane e bella stai sicura che è per sempre.

Great place to work at.

I'm an inspection tech. In Mt. Prospect Illinois. Job culture is very diversified and family oriented. Management does care about you and your personal life. Pay is great benefits are great. I've been in the company for 25 years and at my plant, there are many people 15 years to as high as 45 years with company.

Pros

Excellent place to work. Can't say enough.

Cons

Sometimes overworked. But doesnt make it bad to work at.

Love this place

This is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for. It has its days where you feel over-whelmed, but I’ve worked a lot harder for a lot less money. You can’t beat it.

Pros

Buy us lunches every once in awhile, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time

Cons

Nothing tbh

Tek kelime ile örnek bir şirket

Babam çalışıyor bu şirkette ve her türlü fedakarlık saygı her türlü ücretinde eksiklik olmaksızın ödemesini zamanında yapan her zaman işçisinin yanında olan bir numaralı firma

Pretty calm place

Never know where your going to work and very discriminative when it comes to advancement. You will get corrective actions for almost any mistake. All depend on who you are your treated differently.

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Lots of overtime and unknown schedule

Fun workplace

Very good global company to work. Low politics. Good working atmosphere with safety. Good team work and very supportive. They encourage to participate in social activities. Celebrating all festivals and cultural activities

Pros

Free transportation

Cons

Flexible working time

Priorité numéro 1 Sécurité avant tous

Ayant travaillé 12ans en CDI, Avery dennison est une bonne entreprise... horaires asser lourd mais la rémunération suit...très strict sur les règles de sécurité...

Pros

Sécurité, outils de travail a disposition, amélioration continue..

Cons

stress, communications, hiérarchie

Good job

Good pay and benefits; decent management and advancement potential. Like most companies, cost saving measures are taking their toll on morale. Company does do some nice things for employees around the holidays.

Great place tovwork.

Avery Dennison was a great company to work for, unfortunately they shocked us all when the decided to close our facility. Truely a shame. Excellent staff with many very dedicated floor employees, some amazing engineers, great maintenance staff, and just really great all around people that helped you out and helped you succeed at your job. Excellent wages and benefits, just sad to see it go.

Pros

Wages and benefits, great co-workers

Cons

Some of the managment

Management manages on the Micromanager level.

The work environment is a very pleasant place to work and the coworkers for the most part are very pleasant. Management is not educated in managing they are promoted into the job with no experience or education in management.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

Foi a melhor empresa em que trabalhei.

São Muito abertos a opiniões e mudanças, foi a empresa em que mais gostei de ter trabalhado.

Pros

Liberdade de trabalho e aceitação de opiniões.

Cons

Salário.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Dennison. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Avery Dennison