Avery Dennison

Avery Dennison Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,065 reviews

Nice environment

Trust and passion as key elements on the workplace.

Great company

It’s been quite a while since I worked there but I stayed for 10 years for a reason. If I hadn’t gotten laid off, I’d still be there 10 years later. Fair Pay, paid time off, and work/life balance.

not good place to work. stressful and not professional bosses

not good place to work. stressful and not professional bosses. Biased boss. Work everyday but not appreciated. salary is not comparable to work. Not positive environment.

Pros

free lunch

Eh... okay I guess...

You do the work, you get the money. It's just simple as that. Don't drag the team down, or they'll be bad stuff to pay from your coworkers. Just do the work.

Decent place to work

On the job training is non-existent other than some powerpoints. Usually getting thrown into a trial by fire and then have to answer to metrics set by predecessors who are no longer at the company. Below average employees coast which makes you not want to work hard. Nobody knows how to use the new systems that the company runs on.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Systems and Training

Excellent workplace

I really enjoyed my internship with Avery Dennison. Lots of opportunity to meet and network with people from all levels of the organization. A caring environment. All the values are present in real-life as mentioned in their website.

Pros

Work-life balance, Supporting environment

Angenehmes Arbeitsklima

Angehnemes Arbeitsklima mit respektvollem Umgang. Initiative und Ideen erwünscht.

sweat shop last minute mandatory overtime

used equipment. no manuals or prints. accident waiting to happen.no life balance. regular job some overtime some weekends turned into 12 hour days 7 days a week.

Good pay nothing else good

No ACPoor heatVery little room for advancementIf your not in the clique you will get passed over and pushed into roles you don’t want to work inNot a long term career that it used to be

Great people

Poor leadership with no guarantee company will stay in area. At one time it was the best job a person could ask for, unfortunately the poor leadership, (not the Plant manager or other team managers) have turned it into a mess. Moved the Coating machine, which is their money maker, to Indiana and have turned it into pretty much a distribution center, and they can’t guarantee how long it will stay opened.

Pros

People

Cons

Leadership and that they got rid of entire dept.

ambiente de trabajo adecuado a las labores corrspondientes

en lo personal creo que la empresa es muy buena para pertenecer a ella las personas te toman como parte de ella y siempre es muy tranquilo el ambiente independientemente del apoyo de todo el equipo y el buen trato la planta es un lugar agradable para laborar

Could be good but issues with some segments

This is -my- experience with a specific group and not necessarily a reflection on Avery Dennison software development groups in general.For my group, there was no source control of any type. Loss of code / work was rampant. A bit after a year into the job, the group started "using" the corporate GIT server. It did not help. Instead of updating, merging and then pushing their code, the normal procedure became to roll back changes in the branch then replace with their local code. Code loss increased as a result. The excuses given were that GIT was "too complicated", "too much work" and that they "never had to do this [before]". For my group, there were no code reviews of any type. A well know and widely used web based code review system was set up for the group but they refused to use the system or perform any code reviews of any type. Again, I heard the same excuses as given when trying to get the team to use source control.For my group, seniority and input on projects was almost exclusively based on length of employment with Avery Dennison. Actual technical expertise did not come into play very often. I watched things such as bug fixes get implemented, tested and deployed - only to be repeatedly rolled back by "senior" engineers without informing anyone. Trying to raise a red flag about the damage being done only led to being informed that the individuals in question were "well liked".During COVID many teams including my own went almost completely remote. That was good except some co-workers treated it as though it was a paid vacation. I personally found my -

Avery Dennison MEDICAL - Run.

This review is specifically for the medical device division of AD (not sure how my experience compares to the parent company). Long hours, extremely high turnover rate (some people stayed for only 3-6 months), low job security, severely understaffed & staff was overworked. Everything was chaotic/disorganized and communication from management was terrible. Compensation was okayyy but the full compensation package was definitely below average (very little vacation time, low 401k matching %, and annual bonuses didn't even keep up with inflation). Overall, I felt like this job drained me dry & spit me out. I would HIGHLY recommend to turn down any offer from this company

Attendance policy during a pandemic

Forced to use all vacation and sick time during pandemic. Had no idea about fmla intermediate which would have helped my attendance period. I was encouraged by the company to do it because I do like my job and would not want to lose it. I just wish hr or management would have had a conversation about it so it won't reflect on my performance or review. Great place to work nonetheless.

Pros

Coworkers teamwork pay overtime

Cons

Benefits too expensive attendance policies communication

Safe, great pay and benefits

Great, clean place to work. Physically demanding though. Typical factory job for your day to day but the safety culture is strongly upheld which is a big plus.

môi trường trẻ, năng động, hay có các hoạt động giải trí và nhiều cuộc thi cho nhân viên

- làm việc giờ hành chính 8h -> 4h30- biết làm layout nhãn- cấp quản lý hòa đồng- văn hóa công ty cũng khá dễ- công việc rất tỉ mỉ, cẩn thận- điều thích thú ở công ty: môi trường trẻ, thoải mái

Pros

bữa trưa ngon, đãi ngộ tốt

Cons

tăng ca nhiều

Used to be a job with a future but uncertainty in management has been a big factor in the way employees now view a position with Avery Dennison

High turnover in management has left the company floundering for leadership. Overall sense of doom amongst employees with the ups and downs of constant change in management and policies and job standards.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Constant harassment from team leaders and management

Excelente empresa

Excelente empresa buenos ingresos, excelente Recursos Humanos

engaging and energizing

Great place to work..opportunities for advancementthe company has locations all over the worldinternational assignments are available. Great place to work..

Pros

salary benefits, engaging environment

Cons

some confusion

environement de travail bruyant et chaud

en tan que cariste c'est d'approvisionner les machines de production en matière première et de stocker le produit en rayonnage

Pros

vêtements de travail fourni en plusieurs exemplaires et lavé

Cons

pas évident pour savoir prendre ces pauses, bruyant, manque de place de stockage régulier

Fun place.

Good pay and benefits. Free lunches. Holiday parties. Good raises. Overtime. Good people to work for. Management good. Production bonuses. Cold drinks in summer. Boot and shoe allowance.

Pros

Free lunch bonuses

Cons

Turnover is high

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avery Dennison. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Avery Dennison