Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Review

Productive and learning experience
IT Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgMay 22, 2016
If anything my time at Amazon has been insightful and a great learning experience. A famous saying is "Everyday is day 1". The amount of skills I have acquired, the work ethic I have adopted and the connections I've made is truly overwhelmingly great. These learnings and leadership skills I will carry through in my next position. My co-workers are seen as fellow coaches where we learn from each other irrespective of the organization they work in.

Coming from Cape Town, South Africa, the hardest part of my job is living in Luxembourg, which is a small conservative country which I have not adapted well to. I travel to Singapore quite frequently during my vacations and feel I would adapt easily while working on my career in IT.

Benefits are not that important to me. I look at what the company has provided me for personal growth.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Other Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Weak managers and awful life-balance
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgDecember 1, 2019
Whether you will love or hate Amazon will depend on your manager.

While some says that Amazon is innovative and looking for long-terms solution, I got expressly told to look for the lazy short-term solution and stop looking to innovate.

The work life balance is awful. You will mostly eat at your desk in frond the computer.

Moreover, HR are stronly on your manager side and will block you if you try to move between jobs without your manager consent.
Poor remote working culture
Freelance Translator, English Spanish (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgNovember 19, 2019
Should be more attentive to people working abroad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

513.3K