Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the search See all 41,315 reviews
Weak managers and awful life-balance
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgDecember 1, 2019
Whether you will love or hate Amazon will depend on your manager.

While some says that Amazon is innovative and looking for long-terms solution, I got expressly told to look for the lazy short-term solution and stop looking to innovate.

The work life balance is awful. You will mostly eat at your desk in frond the computer.

Moreover, HR are stronly on your manager side and will block you if you try to move between jobs without your manager consent.
Poor remote working culture
Freelance Translator, English Spanish (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgNovember 19, 2019
Should be more attentive to people working abroad.
Environnement de travail stimulant
Stagiaire en Management de Projet (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgNovember 6, 2019
L'environnement de travail est très stimulant car vous avez l'occasion de travailler avec des personnes très intelligentes. De plus, vous bénéficiez de nombreux avantages sociaux.
fun place and hard working
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgOctober 4, 2019
good if you work hard and perform. great place to work.
good benefits and employee perks. nice loacation. many young people and amazon works with many IT tools.
No work-life-balance
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgSeptember 2, 2019
In your first months in the company, you are mainly trained on the leadership principles, which feels like a total brainwash. After you ramp up, people expect you to put in crazy hours, even if you don't see value in what you're doing. If you start complaining too much, they will put you on a so-called "coaching plan" or "personal improvement plan", to make you feel like you are a total failure and they are only there to help you perform at your best. In reality, they are putting even more pressure on you and if you don't hit the targets, they will have a valid case to fire you.
Pros
Good salary compared to local average
Cons
Your growth oportunities are highly dependent on your manager and this can change frequently
You Earn your Salary
Recruitment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgMay 29, 2019
Amazon is a place that people either really love or really hate. The culture there is to work very hard, to innovate, to question, to come up with solutions, not just highlight any perceived problems.

You earn every, single penny you get paid, which to my mind is a good ethic. Amazon has a reputation of not having a good work/life balance and this can be true, but job satisfaction is also very important.

Amazon is a company that teaches you a lot about yourself, your abilities and how far you can push and be pushed. Its a tough experience, but one that will stand you in good stead moving forward....!
Pros
The people, the innovation
Cons
Poor share allocation, overly complicated systems
intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  LuxémbourgMarch 15, 2019
Good experience. Every day is day one at Amazon. Data driven company.
Fun place with challenging jobs to innovate on behalf of customers
Director, WW Operations Benchmarking (Former Employee) –  Luxembourg, LUDecember 10, 2018
I spent 17 years with Amazon in various Supply Chain, Operations & Finance related Process Engineering & Leadership roles, mostly focused on launching new operations and delivering process standards & cost structure improvements for Amazon’s fulfillment center network.
My Amazon jobs have been rewarding and fun, making every day at work an experience worth to have.
Pros
opportunity for growth and to bring in own strengths to innovate on behalf of customers
Good Learning experience
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgOctober 18, 2018
Amazing company to work for, very steep learning curve in terms if data analytics
Good compensation and fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
Challenging environment
Excelente Ambiente de Trabajo Retador
Talent Development Manager European Union (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgAugust 3, 2018
Un ambiente global, multicultural, divertido, dinamico, humano y enfocado al cliente.
Pros
Retos, multiculturalidad, aprendizaje continuo
Challenging and rewarding
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgMay 23, 2018
I work with some of the smartest people in the world. The intensity and pace of work is very challenging and the compensation is generous to make up for this fact. There is a big problem with the availability of promotions and advancement and that is the only reason I have ever looked outside of the company.
Smart people, inovative culture, fast pace environment
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgNovember 22, 2017
It is impressive how many intelligent people can work in one company. Diversity (in all senses) is welcomed and working with people from so many different backgrounds make my day even more interesting.
It is a fast pace company, no doubt. The Leadership Principles are a clear picture of the company culture. If you relate to it, I strongly recommend to apply for a position at Amazon.
Pros
smart people, great culture
Dynamic, International and challenging working environment!!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgNovember 17, 2017
Brilliant and high skilled TA peers and leaders from whom I've learned a lot!
It is a faced passed environment, you need to be flexible adapt and be dedicated, but it turned out to be so rewarding!

Breaks in front of the computer usually, but leaving the office around 5-6pm, good life balance for me! Especially considering the flexibility to work from home!

Great training / coaching opportunities. Amazing managers caring, listening and reliable!

International team, nice and warm always eager to help :)
Pros
Brand, Working environment, diversity, Compensation
Cons
Communication
Great Compensation Benefits to go with bad Work/Life balance
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER, Supply Chain Automation (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgJuly 5, 2017
Amazing Projects hindered by slow top management decision making. Over reliance on data - paralysis by over analysis. Very few big picture projects and more day to day fire fighting.
environement tres agreable internationnal
receptioniste (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgMay 9, 2017
grande enterprise international multi culturel .
le contact avec les salaries du monde entier est tres formateur .
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgJanuary 17, 2017
Worked at Amazon for 4 years. Great place to learn and work with talented and smart people. Fun culture. Friendly people. Good compensation. Good work life balance.
Everyday is a new day
Seller Support (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgJanuary 13, 2017
Mon travail pour Amazon consiste à porter assistance aux vendeurs utilisant notre plateforme pour faire du commerce. Que ce soit pour une modification de titres ou la fusion de 2 offres identiques en passant par la fermeture de compte et le remboursement client, le job est très varié et aucun cas n'est identique ce qui apporte un certain suspense à chaque fois qu'un nouveau cas arrive dans notre "Lobby".
Ma journée typique se résume à essayer de comprendre au mieux ce que le vendeur souhaite et tenté de répondre de la meilleure façon à sa requête.
Le téléphone et les emails sont les moyens de communication dont je dispose pour communiquer avec nos clients
Pros
Tickets restaurant
Cons
Mission temporaire
Awful working hours and boring job
Recruitment coordinator (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgJune 30, 2016
As a recruitment coordinator, you just spend time time organising managers'agendas.
Job description unfortunately not matching with the real job.
Not rewarding at all.
Pros
Lunch vouchers
Cons
Overtime expected (during weekdays and weekends)
Productive and learning experience
IT Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  LuxembourgMay 22, 2016
If anything my time at Amazon has been insightful and a great learning experience. A famous saying is "Everyday is day 1". The amount of skills I have acquired, the work ethic I have adopted and the connections I've made is truly overwhelmingly great. These learnings and leadership skills I will carry through in my next position. My co-workers are seen as fellow coaches where we learn from each other irrespective of the organization they work in.

Coming from Cape Town, South Africa, the hardest part of my job is living in Luxembourg, which is a small conservative country which I have not adapted well to. I travel to Singapore quite frequently during my vacations and feel I would adapt easily while working on my career in IT.

Benefits are not that important to me. I look at what the company has provided me for personal growth.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
High performance environment with high end responsibility
recruiter (Former Employee) –  LuxembourgJanuary 13, 2016
Exciting place to work, due to fast growth plenty of opportunity for learning and professional development. Strong company culture, high performance environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

512.4K