ABN AMRO

ABN AMRO Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,261 reviews

Bank internship

I really had a great time working for ABN-AMRO. This was, for me, the best internship experience. I've already given my review on my internship. Kindly read my recent review about my great job experience in ABN-AMRO.

Pros

Meal vouchers

Productive and fun place to work, occasional management change with no explanation were a distraction.

All in all my 6+ years were rewarding and I learned a lot. Enough to move on with my career in a consultants role. The firm was not as involved as others in volunteer work. Which I enjoyed at other firms.

Possibility to learn & grow, often chaotic

The bank provides possibility to grow professionally & learn, however due to often chaotic organization, planning, lack of coordination and miscommunication lots of stress is involved. Friendly workplace and good atmosphere at first sight, which requires good navigational skills to appear that way for the long term as well. Claims to be international and involving, but in reality remains very Dutch.

Pros

Seemingly pleasant atmosphere, some nice colleagues, learning possibility, relatively good package

Cons

Often chaotic, frequently changing strategies, plans & concepts. Focus on ideas, lagging behind in implementation

ABN AMRO biedt veel ruimte aan eigen invulling

Mijn ervaring met ABN AMRO is dat het een professionele organisatie waar veel ruimte en aandacht is voor de collega's. Je krijgt veel vrijheid en fouten maken wordt gezien als leren.Het management is relaxed en coachend.

Pros

werksfeer

Cons

Kantoor is extreem groot

Veel ruimte voor eigen inbreng

Veel ruimte om te leren en jezelf te ontwikkelen. Initiatief wordt op prijs gesteld.

Very friendly atmosphere with clear vision and transparency

Overall Good Banking Experience with good insight.Can work Deli gently, approach to seniors is very transparent. Indepent decision making and point of compliance is very clear.

Pros

Good Banking Experience

Cons

working Hours

great people

Highly recommend working here , challenging and rewarding. Great people and nice culture. Upward promotion and lots of support from colleagues. Paid for your work and lots of passionate people.

Pros

people, culture

Good work environment

I was promoted to Credit Officer for doing above average work I also had 4 weeks of vacation time. I liked my manager she was very good. Every body had a good working relationship. I left because I had had my 3rd baby and I worked down town Chicago and it was too long off a day for me with 3 small children at home.

Pros

All benifits

Cons

Long days

There were a lot of social benefits for staff

My first job had opened a new business environment with foreign employer. Another structure of business and friendly internal relationship with top management.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Medical insurance

Great company until they laid off 30 people

ABN AMRO was a good company. Had a good manager & great coworkers. The work, however, was not challenging. I was often given menial tasks & had not much to do during most days. The division I was worked for, Lasalle Bank, was eventually acquired by Bank of America. The entire department was laid off as well as other departments. Overall the experience was just ok. It was great working downtown Chicago.

Pros

Good people

Cons

No clear plans or planning

Productive and fun workplace.

The colleagues there were friendly and senior managers were really approachable and willing to provide an environment to learn and grow.When the managers assigned tasks to you, they give you the space to complete the job while providing necessary guidance and assistance when needed. I felt a sense of accomplishment and till now I feel I have learnt something useful that could be applied to any companies I work for.

Pros

Good working environment, culture, nature of work, great managers, just to mention a few

Cons

N/a

Great People

ABN has a great staff, and they are all passionate about what they do. It was difficult though, living in the suburbs and commuting to the city, to truly feel like part of the team when there would be staff events, as they were after work, and when one relies on train schedules, timing is everything.

Pros

Bagel Day

Cons

Open floor plan

Work work and work

Nothing beyond work to make more possible. It was an good organization but left Pakistan so early in 2008, what so ever it was a bank off Netherland.

Pros

Discounted Lunches

Cons

Very help full

Professional workspace

Execute Equities and Bonds transactions for Hong Kong and overseas markets.Responsible for day end transactions matching.Exposure to global markets.

Pros

Fairly pay

Cons

Its worth it a part of abn

I started my career with ABN. And learn alot..makes difrent when ever wher ever I interviewed .great experince in steam firm.. breaf de breaf.. highly xompitanat management

Pros

50% free lunch

Productieve en gezellige werkomgeving

Werken in een grote organisatie, waarin je nauw samenwerkt met collega's.

Productive and enjoyable place

I worked as a team manager and I got opportunity to take agency channel DSA for collection PL and Auto Loans collection Experience is good nice co-workers

productive

good management, fast work everyday, i learn about how to manage file in good, the hardest part from this job is language, the most enjoyable part is when the pay day is coming..

Pros

no freelunch

Cons

healthcare

...

... het is ‘agile’ werken (al is het ECHTE Agile ver te zoeken). Verder heerst er onrust door de digitalisering, gevolgen management wisseling / strategie van de bank, verdwijnen / af schalen van Retail Banking.

Pros

...

Cons

...

I felt my review was completed fairly and mutually beneficial for all parties. I was fairly compensated for my work and abilities. I came away from my review feeling satisfied with the outcome.

Pros

Gratifications

Cons

Commute

Dynamisch, competitief, ondernemend, politiek

Fijne collega,s, goede arbeidsvoorwaarden, bedrijf in beweging, bedrijfstak onder druk.

Pros

Collega’s, verloning, team, ontwikkeling

Cons

Politiek, bedrijfstak onder druk

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABN AMRO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• ABN AMRO